Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vincent Janssen

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Shows even more what a total f**k up Ryan was.

Should have bitten the bullet and signed Krul permanent on a 1 year deal - that's all he's got left at Newcastle anyway.

Instead we pissed about and had to waste our final loan on a decent goalkeeper as the other one is 4ft2, meaning we can't get another striking option in on loan.

I despair of our "fans" sometimes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps the thinking is to move RYAN out of the firing line and work with him to bring him on to be a better keeper next season and use Krul who is a proven Premier keeper for this season .

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Perhaps the thinking is to move RYAN out of the firing line and work with him to bring him on to be a better keeper next season and use Krul who is a proven Premier keeper for this season .

I think it is a simple matter of having good cover and healthy competition, nothing more and nothing less.

If our striker crisis was instead a goalkeeping one, and we had not signed a goalkeeper the same people would be moaning about wasting a loan signing on a striker and not a goalkeeper.

There is a famous quote by John Lydgate that springs to mind.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time, especially if there idiots"

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I think it is a simple matter of having good cover and healthy competition, nothing more and nothing less.

If our striker crisis was instead a goalkeeping one, and we had not signed a goalkeeper the same people would be moaning about wasting a loan signing on a striker and not a goalkeeper.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time, especially if there idiots"

;) ...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

And if my Grandmother had balls....... etc...

This not having a pop at anyone, but for me.

The striker issue remains.
The Development Squad are also weak in this area, so no viable cover. (Tilley is not a CF).
Sanchez is (apparently) well regarded and excelled last year.
The occasions a PL team has ended with a 3rd choice keeper starting are very few.

So whilst I absolutely accept Krul is at least as good as Ryan, (and has good experience) was using a loan in an area where adequate cover exists that sensible?

As [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] said the recruitment team have done well over the years, so they may well be proven right.

Given Krulls undoubted ability, where does that leave Maenppa?

Alternatively, we may have ended up with another Akpom, but pending Baldocks return mobility up front is scarce......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Unbelievable! Just love the support for our players on here sometimes! Even a thread about a Spurs striker can end up a Ryan-bashing. Disgraceful support

Ryan is clearly bang average for a Premier League goalkeeper , he is no better than Krul, that much is obvious.

We had to in effect waste our final loan on getting a decent GK in, the clubs action show they don't have faith in Ryan.

By recruiting a run of the mill Goalkeeper we then couldn't get a striker in on loan, the two are very clearly correlated.

Clearly I support the team , but that doesn't mean I'm unable to criticize players as I think is necessary

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
A whole 1cm shorter than Ben Roberts, who was considered a hero to us in 2004. His 6ft height is just an excuse for the ignorant.

Wasn't Michel Vorm of Spurs considered a viable goalkeeping target by some on here. He's the same height as Ryan. Wonder if Chelsea or Man City fans think Willy Caballero is too short as well, he's the same height as Ben Roberts.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Ryan is clearly bang average for a Premier League goalkeeper , he is no better than Krul, that much is obvious.

We had to in effect waste our final loan on getting a decent GK in, the clubs action show they don't have faith in Ryan.

By recruiting a run of the mill Goalkeeper we then couldn't get a striker in on loan, the two are very clearly correlated.

Clearly I support the team , but that doesn't mean I'm unable to criticize players as I think is necessary

I am unsure why you're not in football recruitment, after 3 Premier league games you can tell our goal keeper is BANG AVERAGE. Drop PB an email he may want you to look out for some players in Jan as you clearly know what you're talking about.

I mean for FS give it a break.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I am unsure why you're not in football recruitment, after 3 Premier league games you can tell our goal keeper is BANG AVERAGE. Drop PB an email he may want you to look out for some players in Jan as you clearly know what you're talking about.

I mean for FS give it a break.

I have emailed PB in the past.

Doesn't take a degree in sports science to realise the bloke is average at best for the Premier League.

I'm sure you didn't judge Leon Best after 3 games?

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011

Ever thought about becoming a scout? As CLEARLY you know everything.

Dismissing players after 3 games.

I don't know why everyone is saying we should've got Janssen on loan, he's shit, didn't he score something like one goal from open play last season?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Right , I will never complain about a player ever again.

I suppose when Petterson went ass over tit against Gillingham I should have given him a hug?

No. You're doing what is necessary, as you said.

It is ABSOLUTELY necessary for him to be criticised after a clean sheet. I'm just glad we have someone willing to step up and do it on our behalf.

thank you.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I think it's harsh to be calling Ryan bang average after just a few games. He hasn't had time to build up the relationship with his defence (which is crucial for any goalkeeper) and he seems to lack strength/dominance. Most goalkeepers need time to adjust to the physicality of the Premier League, just look at De Gea. Unfortunately, time isn't something that we can take for granted, especially when we can't seem to score at the other end.

I think Krul would've been a reasonably good signing as a bit of competition is good for players, as is having depth in the squad, but it was a mistake when it meant that we're no longer able to look for a loan striker.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ever thought about becoming a scout? As CLEARLY you know everything.

Dismissing players after 3 games.

I don't know why everyone is saying we should've got Janssen on loan, he's shit, didn't he score something like one goal from open play last season?

Didn't you read his post? It's NECESSARY. We should be thanking him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here