Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Not really Obscure but 'Power' is awesome, half way through the last series.

Just finished S2 or 'Last Chance U', which is as a poster above pointed out is a great watch. 'Ozarks' was a great find too.

Im giving 'Secrete of Lies' ago, its suppose to have lots of twists and turns.

Just finished secrets and lies, great ending. Very good series.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Caning through Friday Night Lights, not obscure as most aren't on this thread, but what a series and so much eye candy #LandryClarke

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Just finished watching Season 1 this week. Really enjoyed it.

Yeah Im looking forward to S2, not quite sure where it goes as I was abit gutted about one of the characters getting killed off (wont say who they are to cause any spoilers) I found them interesting though, they shouldnt of called them hillbillies, or was it rednecks? though hahs

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
American Crime is worth a watch.

I made a note of this when you mentioned it - am now on series/season 3 and loving it (hence this late night posting!). The way they explore the ripple effect of a crime/s is excellent; and watching the core of actors (Timothy Hutton, Felicity Huffman and more, all excellent) doing completely different roles each series is really enjoyable. Looks great, filmed very cleverly. Not a little harrowing at points.

Great recommendation sir :thumbsup:

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I made a note of this when you mentioned it - am now on series/season 3 and loving it (hence this late night posting!). The way they explore the ripple effect of a crime/s is excellent; and watching the core of actors (Timothy Hutton, Felicity Huffman and more, all excellent) doing completely different roles each series is really enjoyable. Looks great, filmed very cleverly. Not a little harrowing at points.

Great recommendation sir :thumbsup:

What channel is it on?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I meant E2 not S2 haha just finished it, mental twist. End was quite erie.

I wouldn't bother with "Twin Peaks" then - that makes "American Gods" looks logical by comparison

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I meant E2 not S2 haha just finished it, mental twist. End was quite erie.

I wouldn't bother with "Twin Peaks" then - that makes "American Gods" looks logical by comparison - ignore, misquote

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I've just finished the series.....still haven't got a fecking clue what it was all about.

I wouldn't bother with "Twin Peaks" then - that makes "American Gods" looks logical by comparison

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
download.jpg

Continuing this great (French) series, not quite as good as (Danish) Borgen imho but pretty good, fast-paced political shenanigans.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
And to pay you all back for some of the belting shows suggested on here, I give you a couple of new ones that were under my radar at least -

Narcos season 3 starts on Thursday, HBO. 'Nuff said.

The Deuce - just watched the pilot which is knocking around now, the series continues next month. David Simon's new TV offering: NY city in the 80s, it's his familiar multi-character story-telling, social-focussed, seedy underbelly type stuff, which I really like. A few faces from The Wire and Treme crop up, and I thought it inevitably, grimly, very watchable, as all the parts of the stories are slowly but surely put into motion, Perhaps not one for a romantic night in though - it's far from a laugh a minute.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Also starting shortly is "American Horror Story - Cult". This hasn't been as good since Jessica Lange left the cast but I'll check it out as it still beats a lot of the other stuff out there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here