Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Given the medical problem with the Brazilian we really should highlight the "SUBJECT TO A MEDICAL" point.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Argus article suggests he could be in the squad for the City game... Surely we won't be able to secure a work permit and international clearance by midday tomorrow?

Didn't someone say it took Watford a week to get work permit for their Brazilian? I'd be surprised if we see this geezer this week.

Lets be honest, Man City is a free hit. This guy was still in Belgium yesterday and will clearly need some time to move settle etc. I'd rather we get him geared up for Leicester

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
All coming together very nicely isn’t it. I love the way the club does its business – we generally don’t hear so much as a dickybird until the fella is literally on the brink of signing or having a medical. No protracted negotiations, no public auction playing out over weeks / months in the media (a-la the Sigurdsson / Everton saga). Nope, the club has its targets abroad, we quietly get on with business behind the scenes, and then we hear about the signing pretty much on the day.

Never heard of Gross, Suttner or Propper but they are all Internationals with pedigree who have played at the highest level. Had no idea about Ryan, never heard of Izqueirdo, but that’s another couple of Internationals of a good age who have arrived from under the radar and going by the YouTube footage, look absolute quality. Brown happened quick as you like as well. Abraham is an exception I suppose as he procrastinated between us, Newcastle and Swansea, but on the whole, if its someone we’ve targeted then we get it done quietly and efficiently. Hopefully Dwamena will follow the same course, liking his stats a LOT !

Dreamworld innit.

Sums it up for me.

I do remember the Abraham thing, reading he wanted a million for agent, family and friends... I like to imagine that meeting, Tony, staring at Tammy with his dead-eyed stare, almost succeeding in stifling a snort of derision, then he and Paul Barber as one nonchalantly swivelling round in their massive luxurious leather padded chairs, Tony saying "So, those established internationals we've been monitoring for years and are going to spend 30 million on.....oh, yeah, thanks Tammo, see ya.... anyway Paul, those established internationals....."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't someone say it took Watford a week to get work permit for their Brazilian? I'd be surprised if we see this geezer this week.

Lets be honest, Man City is a free hit. This guy was still in Belgium yesterday and will clearly need some time to move settle etc. I'd rather we get him geared up for Leicester

I don't think he'll be tied up withy Pickfords somehow.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Yup. Floods and floods of piss saturating mattresses all over Sussex as the doom-and-gloom merchants fret on here over our "lack of activity". Then out of the blue - BOOM. Anyone know Propper was on his way ? Nope. Had you even heard of this queer fella before this morning ? I hadn't. So many people seem to think that because we're not being linked with so-and-so in the papers day in, day out, and haven't got our squad together by mid-July, that nothings been happening on the transfer front. Well, hopefully this last week or so will give the supermarkets time to stock up on the Pampers for a while.

Still, see you again for the same all over again in January?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Richarlison has never played for the national team and has never played in Europe, which I think provides a few more challenges when getting work permits through.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The club shop manager is currently on the phone to the letters supplier "we need some bloody Q's before Saturday, yes we still have a few Z's left over from two years ago, just get us those Q's"

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Yep, pretty annoying that the doom mongers and moaners have mostly been conspicuous by their absence the past few days. Perhaps in the future, we could have a sub forum where they could share their negative comments together without subjecting the rest of us to their bile.

They'll be back as soon as we (in all likelihood) lose to City.

"I know Man City are favourites for the league but Bruno was WOEFULLY exposed for his lack of pace by Sterling, and the new midfielder was SLOPPY in possession...it's a big step up and on that evidence it's going to be a very long season."

Etc etc. Smug and patronising when there's nothing happening, nowhere to be seen if we're winning or if there's good news to celebrate. And they claim to be supporters as much as you or I, who are just frustrated that the club is "wasting this golden opportunity". They're not supporters, they're followers. The key part of being a supporter is offering support. As far as I'm concerned, they can follow off.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Some on here are doing the reverse bed wet, the guy hasn't even signed and people are pi55ing on the ceiling with excitement!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here