Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Rumble

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I reckon 'Taker will win it and then win one of the titles at WM as a send-off before he calls it a day.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, he's known to change the outcomes of shows during the show simply because he changed his mind. The Royal Rumble is more likely to be locked down though, mostly because it sets up their biggest show of the year.

You say that, but I remember reading an interview or podcast somewhere that Vince and co. decided Seth would cash in against Brock and Reigns DURING that Mania.

pacman

Jul 27, 2008
Farnborough
Think it'll be a Raw guy and will depend on the title match so if Reigns wins the title I'd go for Strowman, if Owens retains I'd say Finn or maybe Zayn as an outside bet.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
You say that, but I remember reading an interview or podcast somewhere that Vince and co. decided Seth would cash in against Brock and Reigns DURING that Mania.

Yeah thats right. The rumour is that Reigns wasn't getting the crowd over enough and decided half way through the Reigns/Lesner match that Rollins would cash in money in the bank for the win. So even if its a sure safe bet anything can still change even during the match.

Confident this has every chance of being one of the better Royal Rumbles in recent years. Last year wasn't bad, but I thought 2015 was booked horrendously (not a problem with Reigns winning, but the way it happened) and 2014 was soured by the lack of Daniel Bryan. Impossible to say there is a definitive favourite this year. For me it'll be one of Braun Strowman, Chris Jericho, Finn Balor (if cleared to return) or Undertaker winning. Expecting Big Cass to get the most eliminations as well.

Can see Samoa Joe and Tye Dillinger (TEN!) making their main roster debuts. As far as surprises go, Kenny Omega would be amazing, but with his comments about his ambitions in New Japan I can't see it. Angle is a possibility IMO despite him saying he won't be in it. Jake the Snake would be a cool one as well. Can't see anything topping my reaction after AJ Styles' appearance at #3 last year. Surreal having seen one of his last indy appearances v Zack Sabre Jr a week before that.

Also have the not-so-small matter of PROGRESS Chapter 43 earlier that afternoon, which will no doubt be awesome as always! Will probably go and watch the Rumble at Walkabout in Brighton that evening. If any other NSC-ers want to pop over and say hi, I'll be wearing my PROGRESS battle jacket, so won't be hard to miss!

As someone who has been a massive fan of the UK Indy scene in the past 2 years (mainly PROGRESS) am glad to see the interest in it has taken off in late-2106/2017 what with the WOS reboot and the WWE UK Championship tournament.

FWIW, Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate and Trent Seven were pulled by WWE from the PROGRESS/WxW cross-promoted show in London for Saturday, so every chance they could fly-in for NXT or even one of them pop up in the Rumble; Though on the other hand it could be just because that show on Saturday is being live streamed on IPPV on FloSlam, which is something they're not allowed to be a part of because of the contracts they've signed AFAIK.

If there's anything you should take away from all this, it's that you should go check out PROGRESS! To say it changed me as a wrestling fan is an understatement!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Always one of the highlights of the TV Sporting Calendar, the Royal Rumble spectacular is this coming Sunday night live on PPV.

Who does everyone think will come out on top, of course the draw has a massive influence on proceedings but I like the look of Dean Ambrose at 33/1 as a lively outsider and for the old romantics on here HHH is 40/1 to roll back the years and would be a hugely popular winner.

Odds here http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/e/10418383/WWE%2bRoyal%2bRumble%2b%252d%2bBattle%2bRoyal.html

No he wouldn't, the majority fans would lose their shit if he put himself over another bunch of stars.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Confident this has every chance of being one of the better Royal Rumbles in recent years. Last year wasn't bad, but I thought 2015 was booked horrendously (not a problem with Reigns winning, but the way it happened) and 2014 was soured by the lack of Daniel Bryan. Impossible to say there is a definitive favourite this year. For me it'll be one of Braun Strowman, Chris Jericho, Finn Balor (if cleared to return) or Undertaker winning. Expecting Big Cass to get the most eliminations as well.

I'd have Baron Corbin ahead of all of them bar Strowman.

If I was booking i'd have these two as the final two left in the ring.

Both legit big men and both legit heels. It would also provide a situation where you actually wouldn't know which one would win to get the big push as they both are probably in line for a push up the roster into a main event.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Samoa joe being called up from nxt and winning to go on to mania and face aj and cena in a triple threat is my shout. But vince likes to wake up the morning of pay per views and change is mind on the result like he did for the women's hell in a cell match a couple of months back so a good chance we are all guessing before he has even made his own mind up!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I see Shinsuke Nakamura lost the NXT Championship at TakeOver last night...I wonder if that means he'll be showing up this evening?

I see Shinsuke Nakamura lost the NXT Championship at TakeOver last night...I wonder if that means he'll be showing up this evening?

Would be a bit odd if he does - the story of the NXT title fight was very much Roode badly injured his leg so wouldn't make sense storywise for him to be fine the next night and fight in the rumble.

But this is WWE creative so who knows

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Randy Orton now 1/25 to win the Rumble, incredible!

Money been steaming him for him all day.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'll be tuning in via the Network tonight - can't imagine really why anyone would pay Sky Box Office prices for a one-off event when you can get far better VFM via the Network, with all the thousands of hours of stuff available as well as the Rumble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here