Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just seen Peterborough, a club known for picking and breeding good strikers, have just had a £1.2m bid rejected for Jason Cummings. Just had a look at him on Wikipedia and he's got a great record in the Scottish Premier and for Scotland U21s. He's only 21. Would be in our price range and a welcome addition is he could make the step up to the Championship.

Peterborough have a good record of finding and signing strikers so Cummings must be worth a look. We could always ask Mark McGhee what he is like.

LOL. NSC will EXPLODE if we sign a lower league striker [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Just seen Peterborough, a club known for picking and breeding good strikers, have just had a £1.2m bid rejected for Jason Cummings. Just had a look at him on Wikipedia and he's got a great record in the Scottish Premier and for Scotland U21s. He's only 21. Would be in our price range and a welcome addition is he could make the step up to the Championship.

We were strongly linked with him a year ago.

Do we need a big signing centre back? German and goldson back in training...so surely a loan centre back would be fine ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

We've been linked with him previously. November 2015.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?329412-Jason-Cummings-New-striker&highlight=cummings

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/35857332

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Good result but mustnt get carried away we need a CB soon. On one thread somebody said Lescott has been released by Villa would he be an option to be another Upson/Hughes

Diabolical attitude, would never fit into our fantastic team spirit.

I'm not concerned about signing a centre back at all as I do think we've got enough cover but yesterday has confirmed we do definitely need another quality striker and should spend all of our budget on one.

I like Baldock as a player generally but I can't say I'm ever confident he's going to score. It would have been so good to be able to bring on somebody more clinical when we were on top mid way through the second half who we felt confident could stick the ball away.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Do we need a big signing centre back? German and goldson back in training...so surely a loan centre back would be fine ?

Not really. we need 4 CB's...

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Of course we need 4 centre backs , all you need is one suspended ,one injury and you are in trouble ,just look at last season when we had our bad spell was because we did not have a big enough squad .hope the lesson was learnt

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Of course we need 4 centre backs , all you need is one suspended ,one injury and you are in trouble ,just look at last season when we had our bad spell was because we did not have a big enough squad .hope the lesson was learnt

Read what I said?! I said a loan one is enough.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I posted previously Lescott 34 years old near end of his career what would his wage demans be? Possibly 12 month contract to allow others to come back and the young ones like Dallison , White and Hall to reach the mark.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
As I posted previously Lescott 34 years old near end of his career what would his wage demans be? Possibly 12 month contract to allow others to come back and the young ones like Dallison , White and Hall to reach the mark.

Would much rather have kept GG

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Villa fans hate him after his antics last year. Can't believe anyone would want us to sign him, especially with the team spirit we had last season.

That makes him an ogre because a few brummies didnt like him. Do you know the truth or what he is like in the dressing room as I certainly dont. I am sure CH wouldnt upset the team spirit with a signing.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That makes him an ogre because a few brummies didnt like him. Do you know the truth or what he is like in the dressing room as I certainly dont. I am sure CH wouldnt upset the team spirit with a signing.

Yes I saw the Twitter post, which was stupid at best. That also ignores the fact he was very poor when he played last season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here