Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

Both apparently......but take your pick - Charlie Adam, Ashley Westwood, Lee Chung-Yong, Alex Pritchard, Stephens & Hendrick have all been strongly linked. I'm also pretty certain Alan Judge would have been a Burnley player now if he hadn't broken a leg. I hope we go back for him when he is fit again.

But nonee of the above have signed.

Good job for Burnley's owners that Moyes accepted Sunderland job otherwise they'd have been looking for a new manager as well as some new players.

It's amazing that we are weaker now than at the end of last season when we had Barton & Matty Taylor....all it needs now is for Keane to be sold to Leicester.???

Do you post everything 3 times on other clubs forums?
Bore off you ****ing dry lunch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

People on our end reckon there's no truth in a Palace bid for Stephens. Can't see why we would be interested, he's a decent player but we've got absolutely no need for another central midfielder for £10m. We've already got Cabaye, Mcarthur, Ledley and Puncheon who can all play there and would get in the team ahead of him.

You can do one as well ,strange ****er.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
South London Press confirming Palace not interested but Burnley "and a number of championship clubs"
Also confirm that we won't sell to a rival (which figures).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Argus has a Stephens story this morning. Palace interest ruled out. Latest (rejected) bid was "from Championship club" and Naylor says
"the absence of concrete interest from an established Premier League outfit increases the chances of Albion clinging on to Stephens."

there's also this quote from Hughton.

"“He is fine. Most good lads in these situations just get on with it.
“It doesn’t stop them from training well and being involved in games.”
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...transfer_interest_from_Premier_League_outfit/

Insists he's playing tonight at Oxford.

cue posts saying "HE"S GONE"

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Burnley seem to be using the unsettle the player and get a bargain tactics.

Sidwell out tonight now with a knock.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Burnley offered Derby £5m for Hendrick and when turned down offered us £4m for Stephens.
They then bid £6m for Hendrick and having been told no deal they offered £5m for Stephens.
Clearly Dale is second choice.

The natives are getting restless up there though. They've even started racially abusing their own players.
Ash is injured again btw. They're starting to get very short in numbers and very desperate.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I would think the championship would be Derby. They were very interested last year and more than likely they would look to replace Hendricks if he departs with someone of the same quality

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Nah, we're fine thanks

Actually I kind of agree with you when you see just how many midfielder's you have, but I would be extremely worried about the strikers.
What do you have now to score your goals, couldn't hit a barn door Campbell and sick note Wickham, who's combined scoring last season was an impressive 13 goals between them.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Actually I kind of agree with you when you see just how many midfielder's you have, but I would be extremely worried about the strikers.
What do you have now to score your goals, couldn't hit a barn door Campbell and sick note Wickham, who's combined scoring last season was an impressive 13 goals between them.
Watch this space .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here