Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SASTA - what an absolute shower

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
People claiming for trains that they weren't on

Most commuters are creatures of habit down to leaving the house at exactly the same time to occupying exactly the same spot on the platform to catching exactly the same train every working day. Should be perfectly feasible software-wise for that train to be lodged in advance by the commuter as their default train, with the option of changing it in advance as and when they require. Any claims could then be validated against when their ST is recorded at the barrier. Not that it's in rail industry's interests to introduce any such system for treating captive customers fairly.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Word of warning - if you put in a delay repay for a cancelled claim, and accidentally also click on there being a delay of 30-59 mins, you get the 30-59 mins delay payment not the cancellation payment.

Just spoke to Southern delay repay (and god did he sound a worn down bloke, must get some serious abuse), apparently the rule is that you should put in the amount of your delay, just saying train was cancelled isn't correct. A train being cancelled doesn't automatically mean that you are entitled to the full cancellation payment, you should check the box to say what the impact on your journey was of your train being cancelled.

If that's the case, why isn't the drop down to insert your delay a mandatory box? I genuinely thought that turning up to the station to find your train was cancelled was grounds for a full cancellation claim, even if an alternative train turned up ten minutes later.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just spoke to Southern delay repay (and god did he sound a worn down bloke, must get some serious abuse), apparently the rule is that you should put in the amount of your delay, just saying train was cancelled isn't correct. A train being cancelled doesn't automatically mean that you are entitled to the full cancellation payment, you should check the box to say what the impact on your journey was of your train being cancelled.

If that's the case, why isn't the drop down to insert your delay a mandatory box? I genuinely thought that turning up to the station to find your train was cancelled was grounds for a full cancellation claim, even if an alternative train turned up ten minutes later.

Yes I always think this is ridiculous, your train could be cancelled but if there's another one which gets you there less than 30 minutes later, you aren't entitled to anything. Of course they don't take into account the fact that the next train will be completely RAMMED, and you might have to change at East Croydon or wherever.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes I always think this is ridiculous, your train could be cancelled but if there's another one which gets you there less than 30 minutes later, you aren't entitled to anything. Of course they don't take into account the fact that the next train will be completely RAMMED, and you might have to change at East Croydon or wherever.

Is the RIGHT answer. However I will KEEP claiming because they are profiteering shit bags who will claim from Network Rail but don't pass it on down the line unless 30 mins or more delay.

So my message is KEEP ****ING CLAIMING.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Is the RIGHT answer. However I will KEEP claiming because they are profiteering shit bags who will claim from Network Rail but don't pass it on down the line unless 30 mins or more delay.

So my message is KEEP ****ING CLAIMING.

I completely agree. During my time (I think of it as a sentence) of commuting to London I would claim for anything I possibly could. My view was that my train was at least a few minutes late EVERY day, so I was simply correcting an injustice.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I completely agree. During my time (I think of it as a sentence) of commuting to London I would claim for anything I possibly could. My view was that my train was at least a few minutes late EVERY day, so I was simply correcting an injustice.

Too right! I got caught up in the Great New Forest Flood last week. OK it was South West trains and my trip involved a coach from Bournemouth to Southampton Parkway. When I got to my planned connection (Southampton Central) I thought 'thank god that's over'. But no: good old Southern rail waved their magic wand and it got a lot worse. Nothing going east apart from to Pompey; no announcements and platform staff totally clueless. No reasons given for anything; no predictions of when trains would be running normally: complete chaos.

Rather than going to Pompey ended up waiting on Cosham station - not great. Again no trains, no signage, no staff, no clue. So phoned wife and she drove from Worthing to pick me up.

Complete farce. And still never found out what the problem was!

Sack (or worse) the lot of them!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Or think that the people they deal with are stupid. I expect a lot more to have their collars felt soon according to my SAUCES

You can start with the half of the tossers who work for and/or own the company who are utterly STEALING from the public and taking the piss out of "customers".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hardly surprising they got caught claiming near on 6 grand between them! Most fraudsters that get caught, do so because they get greedy.

The fact that so many trains are either cancelled or half an hour late (or more), yet there are enough of them for these fraudsters to be actually able to claim £6,000 tells you all you need to know about just how utterly :shit: SASTA are.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Absolute carnage again today. Train broken down at Hove, even better it is one of those shitty ones with no toilets. Over an hour they've been there, bet there's a few desperate for a piss now.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The fact that so many trains are either cancelled or half an hour late (or more), yet there are enough of them for these fraudsters to be actually able to claim £6,000 tells you all you need to know about just how utterly :shit: SASTA are.

Exactly. And EVERY SINGLE CLAIM I make is GENUINE. I have lost count already over how many times this year so far the 5.40 to Hove from London Bridge has been cancelled.

For me delay repay is a godsend because it serves as a reminder to me to claim for the train that I WOULD BE ON ANYWAY were it not for those absolute braindead ******** cretins..

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sounds like opportunities for seasoned travellers with a talent for calm language and diplomacy. Better get Simster, The Large One and Tony Meola's Loan Spell applying

I put my money where my mouth was and actually applied!

Yoda

English & European
Absolute carnage again today. Train broken down at Hove, even better it is one of those shitty ones with no toilets. Over an hour they've been there, bet there's a few desperate for a piss now.

And to top it off, looks like there are power supply issues South of Arundel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here