Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ambitious PL rivals - spending plans

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To be honest, this thread feels like you are. The subject for starters suggested to me that you were saying we aren't ambitious. And, as I've said before, for all the talk on this thread Huddersfield have only actually signed one player so far and have a weaker squad than last season with Mooy, Brown, Palmer and Ward all gone. During that season, they finished 12 points below us.

To be honest, your feeling about me judging the Albion negatively this early on (even in a surreptitious way), is wrong.

Yes, my OP and later comments, expressed fair comment on the buying (and alleged buying) by clubs I think will rival us next season. Fuelled a bit by surprise, as to how much the local owner of Huddersfield for example, is prepared to spend. Also expressing my view on here and on other threads that I hope we buy in much needed quality for several positions. Several NSC stalwarts have said exactly that too, noting the harshness of the PL.

You will also read in my comments that I'm not gloomy about us. TB is a very clever businessman and club owner, who I think is determined that we stay in the PL. I hope and think that the club are keeping their main targets under wraps, unlike clubs such as Huddersfield and Newcastle where it all seems so public.

Free speech.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
To be honest, your feeling about me judging the Albion negatively this early on (even in a surreptitious way), is wrong.

Yes, my OP and later comments, expressed fair comment on the buying (and alleged buying) by clubs I think will rival us next season. Fuelled a bit by surprise, as to how much the local owner of Huddersfield for example, is prepared to spend. Also expressing my view on here and on other threads that I hope we buy in much needed quality for several positions. Several NSC stalwarts have said exactly that too, noting the harshness of the PL.

You will also read in my comments that I'm not gloomy about us. TB is a very clever businessman and club owner, who I think is determined that we stay in the PL. I hope and think that the club are keeping their main targets under wraps, unlike clubs such as Huddersfield and Newcastle where it all seems so public.

Free speech.

Not sure why the free speech comment is necessary. I never said you are not allowed to say what you did, just how it comes across to me.

Jan 10, 2014
It reminds me of last season when some Burnley fans were filling their pants about Boro showing ambition by signing some 'great' players early.

They were going to finish in the top ten apparently.

May 24, 2017
Yawnmouth fan still interested in NSC. Don't blame you, a more interesting forum.

Poor old Westie.....i used to have own a 'Westie'....oh how i loved her....not sure i'm going to be so fond of you though............pathetically crying 'Free Speech' when quite rightly called out for creating this depressingly negative thread whilst criticising others [namely me] for simply exercising their right to the very same......you can't have it both ways Westie.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The level of bedwetting on this thread is truly astounding. Most clubs have hardly completed any deals yet.... and yet the sheets are already soaked.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The level of bedwetting on this thread is truly astounding. Most clubs have hardly completed any deals yet.... and yet the sheets are already soaked.
It isn't astounding at all. Bedwetters only need the slightest sniff of something to worry or complain about. This place is going to bedwetting central for the foreseeable future.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

Personally I am determined to try to enjoy the season whatever happens but I do understand some of the concerns. Yes not many teams have added to their squads yet but to be fair most already have premier league squads that need small changes. It's a whole new ballgame for us we need to strengthen to survive. I have to be honest in a none bedwetting way to being a little surprised with the players back today that we haven't added more than we have.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Personally I am determined to try to enjoy the season whatever happens but I do understand some of the concerns. Yes not many teams have added to their squads yet but to be fair most already have premier league squads that need small changes. It's a whole new ballgame for us we need to strengthen to survive. I have to be honest in a none bedwetting way to being a little surprised with the players back today that we haven't added more than we have.

True. I don't give a monkeys who Man City or ManUre add. It will only be the usual PL suspects plus Huddersfield who we will compete with for survival.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Poor old Westie.....i used to have own a 'Westie'....oh how i loved her....not sure i'm going to be so fond of you though............pathetically crying 'Free Speech' when quite rightly called out for creating this depressingly negative thread whilst criticising others [namely me] for simply exercising their right to the very same......you can't have it both ways Westie.

Still stalking Howe?

May 24, 2017
Huddersfield Town have completed the signing of Montpellier striker Steve Mounie for a club record fee......:facepalm:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We've signed, by all accounts, a quality goalkeeper and a high performer from the Bundesliga, both for VERY reasonable prices by Premier League standards.

Absolutely delighted with it so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here