Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Canadian sniper 'kills IS militant two miles away'

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Couldn't we have sat down around a table and talked this through peacefully, listening to each other's viewpoints and hopefully meet in some middle ground?

I knew that somebody on here was actually Jeremy Corbyn!

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Couldn't we have sat down around a table and talked this through peacefully, listening to each other's viewpoints and hopefully meet in some middle ground?
k

Yes..meet in the middle ground...make the blokes job even easier to slot those scumbags so he can dispatch twice as many of the w@nkers!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To be fair the jihadi was 40 stone with a bucket of chicken under each arm...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It took the bullet almost 10 seconds to hit its target, it reports.

That is the thing that stood out to me - the length of time between firing the shot and the bullet reaching the target. Presumably this type of long-range sniping is only practical when the target is stationary.

Or have I misunderstood? When the report states
The sniper worked in tandem with an observer, who helps to spot targets,
is that observer actually helping to somehow "guide" the bullet to the target?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
That is the thing that stood out to me - the length of time between firing the shot and the bullet reaching the target. Presumably this type of long-range sniping is only practical when the target is stationary.

Or have I misunderstood? When the report states is that observer actually helping to somehow "guide" the bullet to the target?

720 mph?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Or have I misunderstood? When the report states is that observer actually helping to somehow "guide" the bullet to the target?

The spotter will help him with the distance and the calculations for the Sniper to set his scope and take aim.once the bullet leaves the gun the forces which the two have taking into account should guide the bullet to the target.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as well as the time taken i also read at this range they correct aim height wise by hundreds of yards, apparently a bit higher than The Shard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here