Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Ryan - SIGNED FOR CLUB RECORD TRANSFER FEE

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
May explain why (if) we only offered Stockdale a 1 year deal.
We see Ryan as his long term replacement / competition for next year (25 years of age).
Would we still go for Ruddy on a free transfer as experienced back - up.

It may also be why Maenpaa hasn't signed yet. Maybe he's hopeful of being the number 1.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maybe we moved for Ryan when DS started fluttering his eyelids at other clubs, and now we've seemingly got our man DS, as a result of his prevarication, may find there is no offer on the table any more.

Can't see Ryan coming here as anything other than a No 1.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There was. Expertly taken by [MENTION=3788]Barrel of Fun[/MENTION].

We also had the saga of the Seagulls fan working at Gatwick running to the departure gate with the contract for him to sign.

When I worked at Gatwick, I "accidentally" found myself strolling past the appropriate domestic arrivals gate just as the Newcastle flight came in with Kazenga LuaLua on board. Not wanting to appear a stalker, I asked one of my colleagues to ask him if he was here to sign for the Albion (he was) :lolol:

(back in the days when KLL represented an exciting signing for us...)

Los Che

Sep 4, 2011
I just heard about this thing, interesting when you were promoted to Premier league I wondered if you can get him, and now its almost done, funny. I think you will get fantastic keeper who can improve, as you probably know we have Diego Alves and fans really like him, don't want him to leave (managment trying to sell him because of his big salary) and he is beyond believe penalty saver (saves every other penalty), so Ryan never had opportunity to show what he can do because of Alves. Last season Ryan was on loan at Genk and was best keeper in league there. I think you will be really satisfied with him.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I just heard about this thing, interesting when you were promoted to Premier league I wondered if you can get him, and now its almost done, funny. I think you will get fantastic keeper who can improve, as you probably know we have Diego Alves and fans really like him, don't want him to leave (managment trying to sell him because of his big salary) and he is beyond believe penalty saver (saves every other penalty), so Ryan never had opportunity to show what he can do because of Alves. Last season Ryan was on loan at Genk and was best keeper in league there. I think you will be really satisfied with him.

Good to hear a Valencia viewpoint. :)

I assume you know we have Bruno Saltor here too?

Los Che

Sep 4, 2011
Offcourse, thats why I follow Brighton results and watch some games from time to time when Vicente came to Brighton (glad for Bruno legendary status too haha :D ). Was really pissed because of missed promotion last few years. I think having Vicente as Valencia scout will make both clubs make some more deals in future.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think having Vicente as Valencia scout will make both clubs make some more deals in future.

I very much hope so [emoji106].

I follow Spanish football quite closely so I was probably more excited when we signed Vicente than any other player we've ever signed. He may not have been at his best, but it was awesome to see him play for us.

Bruno, as well, has been fantastic. I'm glad he'll get to be part of our squad in the Premier League after working so hard to help us get there.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Offcourse, thats why I follow Brighton results and watch some games from time to time when Vicente came to Brighton (glad for Bruno legendary status too haha :D ). Was really pissed because of missed promotion last few years. I think having Vicente as Valencia scout will make both clubs make some more deals in future.
Lovely to hear a friendly post. We, well I have a soft spot for Valencia. Are you familiar with the term "feeder club"? Ok so it's your second choice keeper and a couple of legends in their latter years but we seem to have a connection with your club.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London

Thank you
Sending love

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Seeing the fee reported as $9m that the article says is £5.2m. Sounds about right but is still a little scary considering the old days of £1000 and some training kit!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
[MENTION=1785]david[/MENTION]jaca very well established football journo in Spain. If he says it's a done deal then it's a done deal.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
It will be interesting to see how Ryan works out, seems abit of an risk as are a few of the players we have been linked with tbf. Could be genius could be a nightmare.

Strange how Stockdale worked so hard to get to the Premier League with us and now decides to play hardball. You would think he would take what he is offered this season and then leave if he is unhappy with the contract. Maybe he should also see work happened with Kuszczak, theres not as much work available for keepers as outfield players and he could end up bottom half of the Championship.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It will be interesting to see how Ryan works out, seems abit of an risk as are a few of the players we have been linked with tbf. Could be genius could be a nightmare.

Strange how Stockdale worked so hard to get to the Premier League with us and now decides to play hardball. You would think he would take what he is offered this season and then leave if he is unhappy with the contract. Maybe he should also see work happened with Kuszczak, theres not as much work available for keepers as outfield players and he could end up bottom half of the Championship.

Something doesn't sit right with me in this keeper. Signs a long deal with Valencia and can't break into the first team. They look happy to get rid already of him. Height wise it's is a concern also. Not confident about this one. Could be our Elvis Manu signing this season.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
Something doesn't sit right with me in this keeper. Signs a long deal with Valencia and can't break into the first team. They look happy to get rid already of him. Height wise it's is a concern also. Not confident about this one.

I am sure Ben Roberts has a HUGE say in this transfer and I for one trust his judgment.... along with Chrissy himself.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I am sure Ben Roberts has a HUGE say in this transfer and I for one trust his judgment.... along with Chrissy himself.

Exactly. Maybe we should trust the club. There seems to be a fair bit of negativity surrounding some of the players we are linked with and it is only June. Maybe people should just trust the club until shown otherwise.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

We have a recruitment team. Be surprised if Roberts had any input

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here