Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I certainly won't be buying Stockdale's autobiography that's due out this October after all this drama.

He might release it in October. Then again, he might not. He might want to go on holiday before he releases it, then ping out a load of twatty cryptic tweets... :annoyed:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Depends - but it wouldn't take me this long to decide......

And before you argue it isn't that long, I would say this has been the last year of his contract for a year......

It was posted on Nsc, by one of our own, at the time of the Players Awards dinner, that he hadn't been offered a new contract by then. They asked him.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It was posted on Nsc, by one of our own, at the time of the Players Awards dinner, that he hadn't been offered a new contract by then. They asked him.

Ok - and you took that response literally? Was he asked about discussions? Was he asked if he wanted to stay?

There are times when it is ok to criticise players who play for the Albion - and I think this is one of them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ok - and you took that response literally? Was he asked about discussions? Was he asked if he wanted to stay?

There are times when it is ok to criticise players who play for the Albion - and I think this is one of them.

Look up the post for yourself. Ask the poster what else he said to him.

I don't agree with all the tweets begging him to stay, he will make up his own mind. At the moment there is no news either way. All the speculation is coming from the fans, just look at the length of this thread.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wondered that. It's like the Murray scenario again.

Maybe Murray has given him the thumbs up as to what a great move it would be :wink:

Can you imagine us winning in the 90th due to a Stockdale cock up? Alternatively losing due to an injury time penalty save. Be entertaining either way.

All we need now is for CH to wade in with a cryptic comment a la Poyet when GM was about to sign for Palace for history to repeat itself properly.

I think the issue is that there are hundreds of footballers up and down the country having this dilemma but most are not cryptically playing it out on Twitter with their wife occasionally chipping in.

Is exactly how I feel about it now.

Couldn't care less if he pisses off or not.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
He's rejected the contract offer according to the latest argus article.

Gone. Hopefully not to palace though.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go! (Oliver Cromwell to the Rump Parliament 1653)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He left Fulham, where he was extremely popular, to play for us.

Presumably because we offered him a much better deal.
I thought he was happy to stay at Fulham, and they didn't want him? Didn't they pay more for his replacement?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
He's 32 in September.
His stock will never be higher than it is now.
If I was in his position I would be looking for a 3 year deal from someone.
That would take him up to retirement without having to move/ negotiate again.
If that move took him back home to Leeds then even better as he is from there and supports them.
Otherwise take the PL money from another PL club for being no:2.
I think part of the issue is Leeds not having a manager.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Just how many more thousands of pounds a week do players need ?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He left Fulham, where he was extremely popular, to play for us.

Presumably because we offered him a much better deal.

I imagine he'll have no qualms about doing the same again.

He didn't like it at Fulham. He's alluded to that on quite a few occasions. Something was rotten in the club.
That's not the case here.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I love DS but his tweets are annoying the shit out of me and I am starting to care less and less. He isn't the be all and end all, just stay or go with as little social media presence as possible. Maybe take a leaf from another DS and keep it shut online until you sort yourself out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here