Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which 3 teams will we finish above next season

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
They look 5 points clear to me, 6 if you count the GD and 3 points off 13th? (I'm aware of their fixtures but that, for me, would be even more reason to have kept CH in place)

What is your agenda here exactly? We are very well aware of what Norwich fans think of CH believe me, though some have recently changed their song somewhat.

CH didn't get enough points against the teams around him hence them going down. 33 games he was in charge of. He has to be the main reason they went down.

My agenda is standing up for the anti Eddie Howe brigade on here claiming he is lacking ambition and skill.

What amazes me though is the predictions for the teams to go down are all far more proven than Brighton at the top level so surely CH has it all to do to prove he is up to PL level.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
CH didn't get enough points against the teams around him hence them going down. 33 games he was in charge of. He has to be the main reason they went down.

My agenda is standing up for the anti Eddie Howe brigade on here claiming he is lacking ambition and skill.

What amazes me though is the predictions for the teams to go down are all far more proven than Brighton at the top level so surely CH has it all to do to prove he is up to PL level.

1) Our friends up the road survived by beating some of the big boys, not so much those around them.

2) Howe gets far more praise and respect on these boards than criticism.

3) This thread is titled 'Which 3 teams will we finish above'. We, as in Brighton and Hove Albion. It is a positive thread identifying teams that we think we might be able to better next season and thus survive, so it is hardly going to contain posters suggesting we will get relegated is it? We get enough 'informed opinions' from fans of other clubs suggesting we're bankers for the drop.

spanishdave

Jul 30, 2013
Hove
16. Albion
17. West Ham
18. Watford
19. Reading
20. Burnley

(I think we can expect a tough season, maybe Stoke challenging with us, even alongside Leicester)

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
That's quite a statement for a team who are about to complete their second ever season in the Premier League, the first of which resulted in them finishing 16th.

I don't check every week, but I don't think Bournemouth have actually dropped into the bottom 3 at any point in their 2 seasons in the PL to date. That's no mean feat. Granted 'They know how to stay midtable' is probably over the top, but they certainly 'know how to stay out of the drop zone', and physiologically I think that's a big deal. Once a club gets sucked under that red line, staying up suddenly seems a harder task.

I see Watford have sacked the manager, who they hire will directly interest Albion, as I feel they're definitely a club on a backwards step.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't check every week, but I don't think Bournemouth have actually dropped into the bottom 3 at any point in their 2 seasons in the PL to date. That's no mean feat. Granted 'They know how to stay midtable' is probably over the top, but they certainly 'know how to stay out of the drop zone', and physiologically I think that's a big deal. Once a club gets sucked under that red line, staying up suddenly seems a harder task.

I see Watford have sacked the manager, who they hire will directly interest Albion, as I feel they're definitely a club on a backwards step.

#PLEASEappointPardew

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
IMG_0742.JPG
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26916661

This link tells you what state Chris Hughton left Norwich in. 4 of the last five games against the top sides. Relegation clearly wasn't his fault though.......

Inova

Aug 25, 2016

Mirror article from August 2013:-

With the club's debt virtually wiped out, Norwich have been very active in the transfer window making a string of early signings.

Ricky van Wolfswinkel, Gary Hooper, Nathan Redmond, Martin Olsson and Leroy Fer have all joined in a £20million spending spree.

Van Wolfswinkel, Hooper and Redmond all have the ability and potential to solve the club's chronic lack of firepower which plagued them last season.

The Canaries drew 14 League games last season and the hope is their improved firepower will turn several of those into victories.

How Hughton managed to spend this sort of money on forward players and still couldn't get Norwich scoring. Well thats a whole new level of stupid.....

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Mirror article from August 2013:-

With the club's debt virtually wiped out, Norwich have been very active in the transfer window making a string of early signings.

Ricky van Wolfswinkel, Gary Hooper, Nathan Redmond, Martin Olsson and Leroy Fer have all joined in a £20million spending spree.

Van Wolfswinkel, Hooper and Redmond all have the ability and potential to solve the club's chronic lack of firepower which plagued them last season.

The Canaries drew 14 League games last season and the hope is their improved firepower will turn several of those into victories.

How Hughton managed to spend this sort of money on forward players and still couldn't get Norwich scoring. Well thats a whole new level of stupid.....

Eddie Howe spent £25+ on Lyss Mousset, Jordan Ibe, and Lewis Grabban. Easy to bend facts in your favour.

Also, about 4 weeks ago Bournemouth were 5th bottom, in basically the same position Hughton was sacked in for Norwich. He hardly 'took them down'.

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
Eddie Howe spent £25+ on Lyss Mousset, Jordan Ibe, and Lewis Grabban. Easy to bend facts in your favour.

Also, about 4 weeks ago Bournemouth were 5th bottom, in basically the same position Hughton was sacked in for Norwich. He hardly 'took them down'.

I'm not bending any facts just showing that the previous season Norwich also struggled to score goals. Where they drew 14 games. These signings were Hughtons and they didn't perform otherwise Norwich wouldn't have felt that Hughton had to be sacked.

Howe has never been in the position where he had 5 games left and 4 of those against the top 4 sides but only had a five point safety net?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I don't check every week, but I don't think Bournemouth have actually dropped into the bottom 3 at any point in their 2 seasons in the PL to date.

Four weeks in the bottom three in their first season, and three weeks this season (tbf this years don't really count as it was the first three weeks of the season)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

:shrug:

RVW was THE big failure, but all clubs have those in their back catalogue.

The spending as a whole looks pretty reasonable. Redmond alone is worth in excess of £20m now.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Bournemouth have done remarkably well over the last 4/5 years for a club with a small ground, including playing players in the premier league who were in their team in league 1.

However, it reminds me of Wigan, who were in the top flight for quite sometime playing entertaining football against the big boys. When they eventually went down, even winning an FA Cup at the time, they seem to have found their level again playing in league 1 next season.

The difference with Brighton, if the worse happens, we have the Amex and premier league crowds to bounce back, as long as their isn't any crazy money thrown at it, like Leeds, Portsmouth ect.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Most teams stay up if they get to 10 wins (some with less). Playoff winners, Newcastle, Burnley, Watford, Palace, Swansea, Bournemouth, Stoke or Leicester could all have a poor season. If we can beat each of these teams once either home or away then that would be a great start.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Most teams stay up if they get to 10 wins (some with less). Playoff winners, Newcastle, Burnley, Watford, Palace, Swansea, Bournemouth, Stoke or Leicester could all have a poor season. If we can beat each of these teams once either home or away then that would be a great start.

I think Allerdyce will spend well this summer (he is good at that) and without having the handicap of the Pardew-induced shite, they will be mid table. The understandable wishful thinking is for them to fail. Not a likeable person, but he is a good PL manager.

Benitez is an excellent manager, they will spend big and will also be mid table.

I would add WBA and Hudd/Reading to your list.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am hopeful that we will finish above Watford, Palace Burnley Swansea Reading./ Huddersfield West Brom and AFC Bournemouth and possibly Newcastle tall order I know but can hope.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here