Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite moment (bar the promotion day)

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
QPR Away, the victory that I think most of then believed we were going to do it
Also an amazing atmos, Fulham away as well was pretty special

THAT Free-kick, with four players seemingly fighting over who was going to take it!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Murrays winner at Birmingham.....mainly because I was going out that evening for my birthday and we were already SMASHO in the PUB.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Sidwell's amazing goal and the celebrations with Knockaert's shirt. Amazing team solidarity.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
So many to chose from in this incredible season, but the Dunk goal at Fulham, the Murray goal at Birmingham and the Stockdale penalty double save v Sheffield Weds immediately sprung to mind

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
Last edited:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I have a few;

1) Atmos, save and goals v Fulham.

2) pen saves and generally tearing Wednesday

3) Sidwell vs Kermorgant

4) Poc v QPR

If I had to pick one, tough, but Wednesday as I was the most drunk and therefor it meant more...

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No way I can narrow it down to one. Don't think we'll ever see a season like this again. Leaving the multiple moments from Monday out of it, would be from :

Murray's goal and 100 yard dash to us at Brum
Dunk's at Fulham finishing 90 mental seconds of football
Sidwell's goal at Bristol and the comedy of multiple replays being shown plus the Knocky tribute
Wednesday at home - pen save and Knocky equaliser
Norwich at home - pure panto from start to finish
Complete domination of Reading and Derby at home
Tomer's header at Brentford and the old-skool surge to the front of the terrace that followed

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
The MASSIVE match at home from the penalty onwards

This for me too. As well as Stockdale's double save, the fact that they ran their socks off and played a good game, but we weathered it all, frustrated them to the point of them losing their rag, and sucker punched them for the win. Mohammed Ali-esque

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Love that Player coverage of Birmingham - Hughton going absolutely batshit mental, he just totally loses it.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patreon
Jan 19, 2010
Our massive win, in a massive game, with massive performances from our players, in a stadium where the crowd created a massive atmosphere, against the MASSIVE [at the Amex].

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The entire 90+ minutes away at Cardiff City a game for the purist.

LOL - you just had to be there for that !

For me my golden moment was watching Tony Bloom completely losing it on Monday at the final whistle. As a perceptive youngster pointed out at Bristol, he is indeed The Man

( I do realise that this thread is supposed to not include Monday, but not till I wrote this - hey ho , sue me :lol: )

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For me the moment of the season is Dunk's goal at Fulham closely followed by the double save by Stockdale against Wednesday.

The entire 90+ minutes away at Cardiff City a game for the purist.

:lolol:

I have done every home game this season except Brentford plus three away; QPR, Fulham and Cardiff. Cardiff sticks out like a sore thumb as it was not only the only 0-0 I've seen - it's the only game I haven't seen us score in.

That said I have very fond memories of that trip. We went with a Cardiff mate and got properly,well and truly p***ed. It was a good job because it was about minus five in the stadium and there was nothing to bounce up and down about except singing. It was the closest I've come to the old long distance trips we used to do many a year ago where 90 minutes of terrible football would be almost instantly forgotten in the loving clutches of functioning alcoholism.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here