Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cycling to the Amex.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
You should try walking in the dedicated cycle paths because cyclists NEVER use these so you'll be cyclist free and safe.

A lot of people follow that advice on the Brighton seafront cycle path - it's mayhem - though taht's because cyclists ALWAYS use it - as do hapless pedestrians. Still it's good reaction training for the cyclists.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Zooming UP Coldean Lane? Don't really see that. I cycle up and down Coldean Lane most days - don't see it as particularly scary. Not sure it's the way I'd go to Hangleton though; it may be the most direct but Lewes Rd, Upper LR, Preston Circus, Dials and OSR is more cycle friendly. That's the way I went 30 years ago when I had a girlfriend in Hangleton

Yeah, perhaps the zooming up is a bit of an exaggeration. I walk my dog in Stanmer sometimes and have to get out of a side turning and regularly see cars going c50 mph, plus it seems a bit narrow for cycling, still if you don't find it scary perhaps I'll give it a try sometime. Either way agree your route is more cycle friendly.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Haven't cycled since we sent Wolves down. Set off without waterproofs, got soaked on the Lewes road and sat in a steady cold wind for the match. Ended up getting the train home shivering to ****. [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] needn't worry the stewards count the same number of people through for the train.

Think I'll give it a go today. Need to make room for a fair few Harvey's.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
we always cycle to and from the stadium, though it does only talke 10 mins for us, quicker than walking, train, busses, usually home befor highlights are up on here, no point getting involved in the anti/pro cycling comments- no one ever "wins"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here