Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
http://www.visit1066country.com/whats-on/events/1066-way-to-battle-p1265301

Am I right that [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION], [MENTION=24975]St Leonards Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] are in this? Anyone else? Liking the look of it now. Be good training build up for the Brooks 10k November 20th. I can knock 15 seconds at least of yesterday's time. Onwards and upwards.

Yeah I'm doing this one, although I'll be running it with the wife though as she's not long got into running and wants to run a race together.
So I'm looking forward to this event as I've not run with her during a race before.
Unfortunately that means I'm going to be some way behind you guys.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
**** Parkrun tomorrow.

I'm at Hastings tomorrow, middle daughter is showing an interest in running and wants another go after running with my wife last weekend.
If she still has this interest on the 30th I'll probably run with her then as I won't be up for much else.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Tempted to give Worthing a go tomorrow but still feeling pretty leggy after Wednesday . Maybe a recce for an all out assault in a couple of weeks.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yeah I'm doing this one, although I'll be running it with the wife though as she's not long got into running and wants to run a race together.
So I'm looking forward to this event as I've not run with her during a race before.
Unfortunately that means I'm going to be some way behind you guys.

Excellent that sums up the event. Should be a good day out. May see you at Hasting's Parkrun on the 30th.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
No Park Run for me either tomorrow. A slow hour long run Sunday with a possible midweek one too if recovery isn't too bad.

Aim being to get close to fitness for Park Run in 8 days time which will be prep for the Brighton Trailblazer 10k on the 31st.

If anyone can forward me Jesus's phone number in the meantime, that would be much appreciated.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No PR for me either......calf recovering remarkably quickly but not up to anything stupid yet. Led my clubs 'pub run' tonight (and reccied the route this morning) so 10 very (very) slow miles after not being able to walk on Monday feels like a triumph

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
No Park Run for me either tomorrow. A slow hour long run Sunday with a possible midweek one too if recovery isn't too bad.

Aim being to get close to fitness for Park Run in 8 days time which will be prep for the Brighton Trailblazer 10k on the 31st.

If anyone can forward me Jesus's phone number in the meantime, that would be much appreciated.

01273 731262 Paul GODley. Reception of the gym does the booking. My mobile has stopped texting.

Still knackered from Wednesday. Not surprising seeing the photos. They show me check the watch 200m out and realise sub 43 is on. Next frames show every sinew and vein stretch to bursting point. Ugly stuff and surprised I lived.
So I'm resting for a few days. Too old to recover quickly.

Last edited:

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
16th place out of 267 at Worthing today in 20:37, first in my age group as well. Fast course,still feel tired from Wednesday but I reckon a good opportunity for a pb in a few weeks.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
16th place out of 267 at Worthing today in 20:37, first in my age group as well. Fast course,still feel tired from Wednesday but I reckon a good opportunity for a pb in a few weeks.

I'll be racing you from Hastings Prom.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
If you are looking for a challenging half marathon book up and come down in June for the North Devon half/ full marathon
Best views and it's classed as fell running but goes through Woolacombe across the beach at Croyde and all around the SW Coast Path
I won the Veteran's Race this year with a 1hr 44min finish

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Top running [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] - I dragged myself around in 43:51, I set myself a 43 minute target after 2km, I was steadily losing time as the run went on though and couldn't get the tempo back up again. I'm happy with sub 44 though, that's a positive on where I've been at for a while and I would have taken a sub 45 this morning. Some very quick times from the other gents, very good racing conditions tonight as well.

Sorry for late reply, but congratulations. That's a great time.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Not me. I forgot to quote [MENTION=67]Curious Orange[/MENTION].

I'm sure I'll go sub-19 at some point, probably when it is a little cooler... and once the kids stop infecting me with the latest cold varieties they pick up from nursery!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Went out for my first run post Phoenix and afraid to say the efforts there have tightened my hamstring even more. Went out during the lunch break of the cricket and it was pretty muggy today. Jesus booked for 10am Tuesday so hopefully the good lord can use his healing hands and get my running back on track.

Would like to have another crack at Preston Park Park Run Saturday but based on todays run that would be unwise.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Went out for my first run post Phoenix and afraid to say the efforts there have tightened my hamstring even more. Went out during the lunch break of the cricket and it was pretty muggy today. Jesus booked for 10am Tuesday so hopefully the good lord can use his healing hands and get my running back on track.

Would like to have another crack at Preston Park Park Run Saturday but based on todays run that would be unwise.

Prepare to wince. I reckon he'll sort this out Tuesday. Lunchtime at cricket is not good for running. I did my soleus in January at lunch England v South Africa. Too much time pressure and not enough warm up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My first run since Phoenix too. Couldn't go this morning as Mrs GB was working very early so left at 7.30 tonight just as the sun, crowds, pissheads and bbqs came out. What followed was an object lesson in "how not to run" as the tiredness in my legs, roast for dinner, heat and humidity and CROWDS OF ANNOYING TOURISTS turned it in to a jog /walk /jog / sprint /walk fartlek. At seven miles I still died on my arse. Ho hum.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here