Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iffy onoura been released?

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
just cought one of the scrolling heeadlines on Sky sports news yesterday saying he had been released.
I reckon he is a realistic target for us.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I cannot believe we are going after Iffy!

He was crap at Huddersfield and they got rid of him.

And he is nearly in his 60's

Is this what lies in wait for us now, old men and freebies?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I beg to differ Dave but the Terriers have offered him a player/coaching position.

My neighbour who is a season ticket holder says you won't get a Hudds fan say a word against him

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Huddersfield manager is one of Iffys best mates isnt he? So i read somewhere...

He's bound to join them over us because of that and because they have a nice stadium etc... Maybe can offer better wages aswell even in their current situation?

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
According to craptalk Iffy has been transfer listed. Frankly I can't see him moving down here instead of staying in Yorkshire.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He wouldn't have to move house so if Hudds make a decent offer I'm inclined to agree

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
This is from todays Daily Mail.

Brighton and Huddersfield have both been given the go-ahead to sign Sheffield United striker Iffy Onuora.

Steve Yates, Jean-Phillipe Javary and Laurens ten Heuval have also been told they can leave Brammall Lane.

Blades boss Neil Warnock needs to cut the clubs wage bill so that he can keep Michael Brown, Michael Tonge and Phil Jagielka.

True?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
From the BBC website...

Brighton eye Onuora

Coppell is aiming for promotion
Brighton have made an enquiry about Sheffield United about striker Iffy Onuora.
Albion manager Steve Coppell has made no secret of the fact he wants to bring new forwards into the club after the departures of Paul Kitson and Graham Barrett

The Blades have also stated they want to reduce their wage bill.

Onuora, 35, has played for Huddersfield, Mansfield, Swindon and Gillingham and the Terriers are also interested in signing Onuora again.

The striker has returned to training after an Achilles injury ruled him out for most of last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here