Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taxi for Miliband ?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"The auditorium is vast but holds few surprises. A historically red backdrop has these days morphed into a sick pink, although on the live feeds it’s moved even further along the spectrum, to fuchsia. Ha ha, I say to the nearest snotty delegate – Britain’s Fuchsia. He stares back as if I just asked him to kiss me."

Amazing.

Just another career politician who has done diddly squat in the real world and frankly shouldn't be trusted with something as important as the nation's finances. That applies to all these spads across the parties.

..and the last PM (I think) to have done a proper job was....John Major. Can't figure out whether that is necessarily a good thing.

.And we all know the previous one who had a proper job!!!!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
They all piss in the same pot.

When will people realise?!

There's a reason the top, fantastic constituency MP's don't generally get pushed as leaders; they put their actual job, the reason they became an MP I.e to represent and serve their constituents ahead of their personal gain

Party politics is broken and ancient. Any who actually sits and argues the difference between "Labour" and "Conservatives" are really comparing Pepsi and Coca-Cola. Basically, it doesn't matter which you buy, because half will always buy the other and the faceless millionaire at the top doesn't give a shit because they know they're set for life anyway.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
How about Dave Cameron ? Couldn't win an election against the most unpopular PM in history and will LOSE the next one in May

Hate to say it but you'll be right. Having 'WALLACE' popping up on our screens from around the world with bacon sarnie makes me want to cringe. Wallace and his sidekick Gromit will make us the laughing stock and send us bankrupt.

Wallace-and-Gromit-6.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This is FAB.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/23/ian-martin-labour-conference-thick-of-it

"It’s worth bitterly remembering that in his mullet-punching, croquet-playing, chipolata-presenting pomp, when he was being yanked onstage as Blair’s working-class credibility gimp, Prescott was the one who championed PFI and put public sector procurement on tick for the next half-century, at payback rates that would shame Wonga"

:lolol:

"All this rousing stuff is applauded, but then so is the silky batter of Ed Balls’ austerity pancake mix."

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

But that's from the Guardian! No self-respecting right of centre poster on here would ever acknowledge that the Guardian would ever print anything critical of the Labour Party!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
But that's from the Guardian! No self-respecting right of centre poster on here would ever acknowledge that the Guardian would ever print anything critical of the Labour Party!

Well it IS a column. And it's criticising Labour for not being left enough...

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
They all piss in the same pot.

When will people realise?!

There's a reason the top, fantastic constituency MP's don't generally get pushed as leaders; they put their actual job, the reason they became an MP I.e to represent and serve their constituents ahead of their personal gain

Party politics is broken and ancient. Any who actually sits and argues the difference between "Labour" and "Conservatives" are really comparing Pepsi and Coca-Cola. Basically, it doesn't matter which you buy, because half will always buy the other and the faceless millionaire at the top doesn't give a shit because they know they're set for life anyway.

No it's not. There are plenty of cabinet ministers that are excellent constituency mps and plenty of non ministers who are shit constituency mps, with many of then having extra jobs on the side.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How about Dave Cameron ? Couldn't win an election against the most unpopular PM in history and will LOSE the next one in May

Yes, but will Ed Moribund and Labour get an overall majority? Surely it's a must after all the miserable complaining about bedroom tax, austerity, NHS under funded for the first time ever we are told, the recovery won't come, blah, blah.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Yes, but will Ed Moribund and Labour get an overall majority? Surely it's a must after all the miserable complaining about bedroom tax, austerity, NHS under funded for the first time ever we are told, the recovery won't come, blah, blah.

Will Cameron get one after 5 years of Bullingdon bullying and incompetence after incompetence, Universal Credit and Immigration shambles for starters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
the bizarre thing is the polls still show a Labour minority win next spring, its will be odd to have such an unpopular/untrusted leader in power through accident of a internal party fit up several years ago.

Well, Thatcher was way, way behind Callaghan in personal popularity prior to the 1979 election - didn't seem to do her much harm

Milliband, bless, just isn't good at the people, speech, TV thing. Most people would be the same, but they're not aiming to win a country's hearts and heads in an election. Until belatedly now, too late, he's spent 4 years being the merchant of doom with no policy ideas.

I know people who've met Miliband and they say that in personal conversation he's bright, warm, charming and funny. He's probably not the worst party leader of my lifetime (I can still remember IDS's tenure) but he vies with IDS as being the worst speaker - and by some distance the worst speaker among Labour leaders

To his dismay, the economic recovery did happen

You must live in a different world from the rest of us

..and the last PM (I think) to have done a proper job was....John Major..

Apart from the previous two prime ministers you mean: Blair was a lawyer and Brown was a lecturer and then journalist. In fact, Cameron is the prime minister for a long, long time not to have had a job (and even he had a supposed job in PR)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
No it's not. There are plenty of cabinet ministers that are excellent constituency mps and plenty of non ministers who are shit constituency mps, with many of then having extra jobs on the side.

Now you didn't quite understand my post, did you?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Will Cameron get one after 5 years of Bullingdon bullying and incompetence after incompetence, Universal Credit and Immigration shambles for starters

Immigration - didn't the Bliar, Brown, Balls & Moribund(x2) regime, slyly open the floodgates? As revealed by the Bucharest diplomatic whistle blower in 2004. Meaning the UK population rose rapidly from 58m in 1997 to 62m in 2010, in a country left creaking with overcrowded roads, schools, hospitals, GP's surgeries, etc.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Immigration - didn't the Bliar, Brown, Balls & Moribund(x2) regime, slyly open the floodgates? As revealed by the Bucharest diplomatic whistle blower in 2004. Meaning the UK population rose rapidly from 58m in 1997 to 62m in 2010, in a country left creaking with overcrowded roads, schools, hospitals, GP's surgeries, etc.

But who said they would get it down to TENS of thousands ?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Keep it in the family eh.
Will Straw, Stephen Kinnock and Emily Benn – all descendants of prominent Labour politicians – will stand for the party in next May’s election.
Euan Blair was also linked to a safe seat, but another candidate was chosen
Working-class candidates are overlooked in their favour, campaigners say

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You must live in a different world from the rest of us

Speak for yourself, not the collective "us". It fails to strengthen the argument.

Milliband and Balls spent 2 or 3 years laying it on the line that we would be in a double or triple dip recession, that austerity would prevent a recovery, that further state spending financed by borrowing was the only solution, that our recovery would be slower or non existent in comparison to other major Western economies. Well, they were proved wrong.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Where should we tell the driver to take him?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Speak for yourself, not the collective "us". It fails to strengthen the argument.

Milliband and Balls spent 2 or 3 years laying it on the line that we would be in a double or triple dip recession, that austerity would prevent a recovery, that further state spending financed by borrowing was the only solution, that our recovery would be slower or non existent in comparison to other major Western economies. Well, they were proved wrong.

No, not for myself, I'm just reporting what's happening in the real world: from yesterday's Independent. "In the US since May 2010 real wages are flat, whereas in the UK they are down between 8 per cent and 10 per cent, depending on whether you use the Consumer Price Index or the Retail Price Index as a deflator."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here