Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst side at The Amex this season?

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Barnsley were dreadful didn't attack once. Cardiff equally bad brand of 'football'

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Considering that Derby were up against a team of chokers, and STILL didn't manage an effort on target, I think they take the crown.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Oddly enough I don't remember Huddersfield being any great shakes when we beat 'em

On the night, Huddersfield were very, very dull. They came for a draw and time wasted from the first minute.
It was only after their keeper spilled Knocky's shot into the net - after 80 minutes - that they developed any sense of urgency.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Hopefully a tie between Blackburn, Birmingham, Wigan and Bristol City !

Although I could handle it if each game the opposion got progressively worse.

:albion2:

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I would gauge it by how I would react if the Albion played that way. Derby are, surely, capable of so much more and offered so little so I would have been very angry at an Albion performance like that and for that reason I would agree they are one of the worst sides, topped by Norwich only. Surprisingly, the Derby fans I spoke to after the match, including 5 who had travelled from Norway, were just resigned to how ineffective the team are now.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Considering that Derby were up against a team of chokers, and STILL didn't manage an effort on target, I think they take the crown.

Not managed any shot with sufficient power off target, one that could possibly have taken a double deflection, apart from the Vydra header.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would gauge it by how I would react if the Albion played that way. Derby are, surely, capable of so much more and offered so little so I would have been very angry at an Albion performance like that and for that reason I would agree they are one of the worst sides, topped by Norwich only. Surprisingly, the Derby fans I spoke to after the match, including 5 who had travelled from Norway, were just resigned to how ineffective the team are now.

Norwich were good for 45 minutes, and easily could have scored in the first half. They then went to pieces and we ended up with five.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Derby just didn't seem that interested, despite a theoretical chance still of making the playoffs. I'm hopeful this is the first of those "nothing to win, nothing to lose" teams we'll face in the run-in who'll let us walk all over them. Also, we were brilliant.

Lad sat next to me, guest of another, is a Derby fan. His view is that the team are already on their summer holidays, having fluffed their last outside chance of playoffs vs Preston last week. Mentally not at the Amex. He said that if Derby were to go 1 up they would win, but if they go 1 down they would wilt. I take nothing away from our performance, however, and the tactic of going for the throat "Hello I Love You"* was spot on. Well done CH and the boys.

* early Doors.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
They were niggling at each other most of the match, McClaren should have started with second half team but far from worse we've seen down here this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here