falls over

cant control

cant run with the ball

bad passing

no real goal threat

doesnt close down defenders

bad positioning

bad control led to equaliser

...and strolls around like he is brilliant.

month in the reserves might sort him out.

CKR = Cant Kick or Run.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I thought his work rate was fairly good, in the first half. To be fair alot of people were slipping over as it was a quick game and the surface was greasy.

I think first team experience is essential so that he progressess at an acceptable rate. That doesnt mean we should start him

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair hes still learning.

But I agree he is better coming off the bench for his 10 min cameos.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagullible said:
bit harsh as did force a great save in the first half blitz. does need to lose that attitude and learn to hold the ball rather than always trying little flicks. he'll learn

He is not the only one that needs to stop turning and bring the ball under control.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albion Rob said:
Amazing really, people have so much time for Jake and yet some have none for CKR.

Both kids, still learning and will score hatfuls of goals for the Albion.

CKR has not been built up into some kind of footballing god - ckr is younger than Robinson and yet is still a better player.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We're short of players at the moment so what good does it do running down the kids?

The next NSC scapegoat, I presume. Showed wonderful vision in the second half to set up a counter attack. Wonderful cross on Saturday for the goal. Excellent header against SW. Sublime skill against Coventry. A handful of games at Championship level and people are on his back. :nono:

No wonder McGhee has a hard job persuading people to come here with the propensity of a large number of fans to hound a player after a handful of games.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Great Cornholio said:
The next NSC scapegoat, I presume. Showed wonderful vision in the second half to set up a counter attack. Wonderful cross on Saturday for the goal. Excellent header against SW. Sublime skill against Coventry. A handful of games at Championship level and people are on his back. :nono:

No wonder McGhee has a hard job persuading people to come here with the propensity of a large number of fans to hound a player after a handful of games.

Leon Knight and Charlie #1 scape goats

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
CKR is a much better player than Robinson imo. I really despair at the lack of intelligence some fans show when talking about an EIGHTEEN year old!!!!

Albion Rob

The Great Cornholio said:

Totally agree, if CKR was playing in Division Three he would already be discussed in the same breath as Bobby Zamora. The fact is he is playing in a tough division and has had a difficult start.

I genuinely believe he will come good with a bit of experience and time.

Still plenty of time for him to fire 15 goals and help us stay in this division with some to spare.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Albion Rob said:
Amazing really, people have so much time for Jake and yet some have none for CKR.

Both kids, still learning and will score hatfuls of goals for the Albion.

I think Jake being the local boy allows him to make more mistakes and not get moaned at for it.

People always use the "learning / young " as an excuse , but surely 19 / 20 yrs old these players should be a bit doing a bit more than they are if they are to be championship quality at any stage in their short carears. Their learning did start at 15/16 when they signed proffessional terms after all ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dougal said:
I think Jake being the local boy allows him to make more mistakes and not get moaned at for it.

People always use the "learning / young " as an excuse , but surely 19 / 20 yrs old these players should be a bit doing a bit more than they are if they are to be championship quality at any stage in their short carears. Their learning did start at 15/16 when they signed proffessional terms after all ?

Was talking about that yesterday - 19 isnt really that young now days - and i really cant see what he brings to the field? he isnt gifted with super pace, nor tricks and his finishing isnt that special.

Albion Dan is right ckr is the much better player at the moment

Albion Rob

Dougal said:

No substitute for first team games at the level you're playing at - of which CKR has played in a total of about eight (if you add sub appearances together) and Jake in about 15. If they're not showing their stuff after 30 or so games then that's the time to start looking at what's happening.

All the reserve and youth games in the world would not prepare CKR or Jake for Gary Doherty or Joleon Lescott.

KinkyGoebels said:
Was talking about that yesterday - 19 isnt really that young now days - and i really cant see what he brings to the field? he isnt gifted with super pace, nor tricks and his finishing isnt that special.

Albion Dan is right ckr is the much better player at the moment

Ludicrous - he is full of pace, tricks and finishing. How many goals did he score for the reserves and youth team? Anyone who saw him at Hastings in this seasons pre season friendly would laugh in your face. He terrorised experienced journeymen with his pace, skill and finishing.

As for not seeing what he brings to the field - how about the 3 chances he carved out in the two sub appearances on Saturday and last night? For all of Leon's endevaour, he didn't have as many chances in the whole 2 games.

His only problem is confidence at this level - he would have buried most of his chances had they been in reserve or youth games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here