Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Current World XI Draft

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Sorry lads, been crazily busy over the last couple of weeks. Will try and get the categories for voting out either today or tomorrow

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
So when are we gonna have the voting? Seems as good a time as any for a bounce. (James Rodriguez is mine!)

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Firstly an apology.

The end of the draft was timed horribly for me and at the stage where I needed to start the voting stage of all of this I found myself in a pretty shitty situation. Not going to go on to it in here, but yeah, NSC quite quickly slipped down my list of priorities. However, when stuff started to get back on track it seemed like it was probably too late to start bouncing threads and asking people to vote, but my guilt meant I felt bad for abandoning this at such a late stage and avoided this place for 6 months or so.

So, sorry for letting this thread die. I've been getting myself back on track, and if other people were up for it (and willing to take the risk :lolol: ) then I'd be up for holding a new game. Possibly an all-time draft, a Premier League draft, or any other ideas people have. Obviously I'd understand if the idea has been sacked off due to my disappearing act. Still, no harm in checking.

[MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION], [MENTION=22841]stripeyshark[/MENTION], [MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION], [MENTION=4147]shaolinpunk[/MENTION], [MENTION=1284]moggy[/MENTION], [MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION], [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION], [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION], [MENTION=23606]Shatner's Bassoon[/MENTION]

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Hope things continue to get better for you Rohana.

I'm more than happy to participate in another draft, and will also run another simulator on FM 2015 if people want me to?

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I really enjoyed the draft, voting or not, so would welcome the chance to take part in another one! Glad to hear things are getting better; hope that continues.
[MENTION=5392]Reinelt12[/MENTION], another FM league would be excellent as well!

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Cheers for the kind words everyone, slowly getting back to normal which is nice.

Suppose what's next is to decide what the next draft should be:

Premier League Draft - 23 year period about the best players from the "Best League In The World(™)."
England/British Draft - An all time draft for the best footballers to ever come from this Island.
Unlimited Draft - All Players. Ever. Possibilities are endless.

Then we need to decide if we want:

Categories - Similar to the other drafts I did on here, where there's a list of categories to fill. Adding a tactical element.
Free - No categories, just pick the 11 best players you can, obviously not as tactical but you can make some seriously mental teams.
Budget - An idea I've seen used on another forum. Every cap a player has got equals £1,000,000. You're then given a transfer budget to assemble your team. Means you have to look for players who maybe not everyone will have heard of as they'll put less of a dent in your budget. Can be either a free game, or have categories too, depending on the challenge people want.

I'm happy to run any combination of these, just wondering what people would want the most. :)

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Cheers for the kind words everyone, slowly getting back to normal which is nice.

Premier League Draft - 23 year period about the best players from the "Best League In The World(™)."
England/British Draft - An all time draft for the best footballers to ever come from this Island.

Categories - Similar to the other drafts I did on here, where there's a list of categories to fill. Adding a tactical element.
Free - No categories, just pick the 11 best players you can, obviously not as tactical but you can make some seriously mental teams.
Budget - An idea I've seen used on another forum. Every cap a player has got equals £1,000,000. You're then given a transfer budget to assemble your team. Means you have to look for players who maybe not everyone will have heard of as they'll put less of a dent in your budget. Can be either a free game, or have categories too, depending on the challenge people want.

I'm happy to run any combination of these, just wondering what people would want the most. :)

Personally I liked the tactical element of the categories version.

clungemeister

Jan 11, 2015
Meh, like I care!!!

I'm off to research Pulis players for this!

For clarity, if you are choosing a manager in any of the categories, can their playing careers also count? For example, if a manager played in England and Germany and managed in Italy/Japan, would they count for Category 6?

Really..:smokin:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

I'm up for any new game. Also, can we still have a vote for the last one? I have JAMES RODRIGUEZ! And Asamoah Gyan scores with malaria!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here