Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is the best premier league referee ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You can see why they stick with the Shyster as, for the most part, he is a very good referee. He just makes far too many horrendous, and I mean horrendous decisions. Oliver has been a good ref - just seems to be following Shyster with his antics. I was a big fan of Bobby Madeley (and his brother) along with Jon Moss at Championship level but they are mostly appalling when I see them at this level. Lee Probert and Martin Atkinson seem fairly solid. Andre Marriner did well in the two Palace games.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
They are all human and all make mistakes but I think Michael Oliver makes fewer than most and handles games well.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
You can see why they stick with the Shyster as, for the most part, he is a very good referee. He just makes far too many horrendous, and I mean horrendous decisions. Oliver has been a good ref - just seems to be following Shyster with his antics. I was a big fan of Bobby Madeley (and his brother) along with Jon Moss at Championship level but they are mostly appalling when I see them at this level. Lee Probert and Martin Atkinson seem fairly solid. Andre Marriner did well in the two Palace games.

Bit of a contradiction in term old chap ,Good referee and horrendous mistakes .
To be fair I am having a problem trying to think of one .

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Bit of a contradiction in term old chap ,Good referee and horrendous mistakes .
To be fair I am having a problem trying to think of one .
Not really as, for the most part, he manages the game well and looks a very good ref. All refs makes mistakes - his just tend to be awful and seemingly feeding his ego.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here