Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this it for Chris? Time for Hughton to go?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It is, I agree, I have no problem with after match moaning, especially on the back of today's woeful performance, but Hughton Out, Ryan Out, etc., etc., just about sums up some of the intelligence on here.

Agree to a point. The problem is Hughton isn't changing the plan when it's failing. He needs to do something rather than doggedly stick to plan A.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don’t think any other manager would have got materially more points at this stage from the squad we have than CH. Changing him now would be madness. We’re far from doomed yet, but many more days like today and we soon will be.

We really were dreadful today but the vast majority of the players simply didn’t turn up. Our wingers didn’t create anything (March and Knocky are woefully out of form), Murray (who actually did ok) is too often isolated by Gross playing too deep (was much better when Kayak and Baldock were on) and for a team that is (was ?) renowned for our CB pairing our defending at set pieces, corners in particular, has become a complete joke - it’s laughable how often we’re conceding from corners now. Some of the passing today, Bruno and Duffy in particular, was just awful.

CH needs to shake things up a bit........or at least show he’s prepared to try. Goldson for Duffy, Schelotto for Bruno, Kayal for Propper, go back to 442 with Baldock starting perhaps I don’t know but at the moment we’re ponderous, predictable and unthreatening and making too many mistakes at the back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Agree to a point. The problem is Hughton isn't changing the plan when it's failing. He needs to do something rather than doggedly stick to plan A.

He says on the post match interview on Radio Sussex that they are working hard on the training ground to wipe out the set piece mistakes I dont know which is worse that or just ignoring it and hope it will change.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Some clueless arrogant fools on this thread, CH may well consider his own position if he's not backed again in this window. Championship clubs with lots of money to spend would pay him a fortune in this current climate.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Utter madness. Do you know how many games we have played since Hereford? Four or five games.....long term plan? FFS on an electric bicycle with a spoke up my arse

Is that your argument or are you just using it as a stick to beat CH with?
No, I don't agree - I would stick with the manager next season no matter what.

But this is the sort of thing that goes on in the Premier League, whether we like it or not.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Some clueless arrogant fools on this thread, CH may well consider his own position if he's not backed again in this window. Championship clubs with lots of money to spend would pay him a fortune in this current climate.

Agreed.......forget sacking him, we should be more worried about hanging on to him if we can’t help him deal with the obvious weaknesses.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove

He is a top man, there is not a chance of him resigning mid season!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
A lovely man and a great Championship manager.

When we appointed him, my Norwich supporting mate got very animated. He said he’d get us up within two seasons but we’d come straight back down again because he will always try to keep a game tight and nick a one nil. He’ll always sit back on a lead, which doesn’t work in the Premier League. However if you go behind, you have no chance.

I scoffed at all this. I swore blind Norwich had made a mistake. He’ll learn, he’ll change. I was wrong. I’m certain we’re going down after today.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
First time in 3 years I am questioning Hughton. Same tactics whether we play West Brom without a win in 20 as the top 6. 1 up front, try and defend, show little attacking intent, hope for a 0 0. We seriously need a rethink these last 15 games or we are down

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here