Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton to save Danish Superliga club, Lyngby BK, from bankruptcy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My point is that the football team isn't the only money-making part. Sorry, thought it was obvious. It is designed to keep money flowing even when the prem money isn't there. The top end academy produces stars for sale, so does the feeder club (and our own players become cheaper). The allied businesses are part-owned by the Albion and generate money year-round. And the fantastic facilities are used for non-Albion events and generate revenue that way.

More revenue means more likelihood of staying at the top or bouncing straight back after relegation. Think of it as 'not doing a Wigan'.

When in the Championship there are NO money making parts of the empire.
All the other ventures have/are, and for the foreseeable future, will be taking money straight out of Tony's pocket.

I completely agree it's a great strategy, and who the fook am I to doubt TB on anything financial.
He's certainly getting his ducks in a row, but none have laid an egg let along produced ducklings to count.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Interesting. Bloom is really serious here isn't he. He hasn't just chucked his money into the team, players and wages to get a premier league side, a la Palace, but is chucking it into stadium expansion, new training ground, elite youth and women's teams, community development, allied businesses (hotel, retail) and now a feeder club. So maybe a little less cash for the team right now, but a hell of an investment on our future. This is full-on building of a dynasty around the Albion, building a 'big' club in so many ways

This is something that a lot of our supporters seem to overlook. We're not just a rick blokes plaything or a corporate asset to TB. With all this long term commitment and behind the scenes action going on I am not looking into a black hole if we go down this year.

:albion2:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
When in the Championship there are NO money making parts of the empire.
All the other ventures have/are, and for the foreseeable future, will be taking money straight out of Tony's pocket.

I completely agree it's a great strategy, and who the fook am I to doubt TB on anything financial.
He's certainly getting his ducks in a row, but none have laid an egg let along produced ducklings to count.

Well obviously its about the future, but I think that makes sense. You can argue whether staying up is the be all and end all, and I would argue it is not. If you get into a situation where you spend all the money on the team and wages and managers to get you out of jail each season, its hard to invest in anything else because the prem league money is totally absorbed in wages and you can never get out of that structure. Keep a more rigid transfer and salary structure and there is money available to build elsewhere. Yes, a lot of it is from TB's pocket, granted, but the fruits of that labour should see us well after he's gone.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Only if you don't make it to the bottom of the article:-

There’s some rush on this, and Ekstra Bladet list some impending bills for Lyngby: 3m Danish Krone for February wages, 1m in operating costs, and a 3m tax bill due at the end of the month.

A piffling £850,000 gbp in total.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A piffling £850,000 gbp in total.

Still not a lot. 7m Krone is just over £800k apparently. Might buy it myself :lolol:
Yep all good, Sanchez could buy and run the club with half his monthly wages, saving the rest for himself.

Please don't get the impression I'm all down and moany about this.

I'm only voicing my usual 'concern' for Tony's financial well being, (again somewhat pointless coming from me) which is coupled with shock that not only does he have that much money, but that's he's 'ours' as well. :lol: :facepalm:

You'd have thought by now I would have got my head around Tony's wealth, and not sound like a jealous palace toss-pot wondering when it's all going to come tumbling down.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Yep all good, Sanchez could buy and run the club with half his monthly wages, saving the rest for himself.

Please don't get the impression I'm all down and moany about this.

I'm only voicing my usual 'concern' for Tony's financial well being, (again somewhat pointless coming from me) which is coupled with shock that not only does he have that much money, but that's he's 'ours' as well. :lol: :facepalm:

I think that if you check the small print you'll find that you are in fact his.

PerXX

Jan 19, 2018
Have they got a decent striker we could borrow???

Nah, we've sold our last good strikers to RB Leipzig (Yussuf Poulsen) and INTER (Jens Odgaard).
You can have the next one we develop though, if this goes through though! :D

Also, to the Admin, your security question when signing up is "What's the name of our starting goalkeeper: David *********" Might need updating.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lyngby got the best oldboys team with Michael Laudrup and Brian Laudrup.

Welcome Kim. Will Trumpy be along shortly to tell us this is F N?

:)

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Nah, we've sold our last good strikers to RB Leipzig (Yussuf Poulsen) and INTER (Jens Odgaard).
You can have the next one we develop though, if this goes through though! :D

Also, to the Admin, your security question when signing up is "What's the name of our starting goalkeeper: David *********" Might need updating.

FFS sort it out Bozza.

Another JCL who doesn't know our starting line up - Maty 'David Stockdale' Ryan :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here