Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What evidence does he have that a 'few thousand on NSC isn't the majority'

You've actually just asked that, haven't you?

Right.

To be a MAJORITY, you need OVER HALF. With me?

Over half of 22,000 is 11,001 or MORE

'a few thousand' is not 11,001 or more.

Hope that helps.

I think that you have to accept that majority was just terminology and not meant to be actually fact.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’m still to see this few thousand agree on much

It's not agreement we're talking about really, it's the overall sentiment of the fan base. I think people would have to deluded to not agree that:

1. The majority on NSC are unhappy with the current recruitment activity
2. The number of NSC IS a good sample of all Albion fans, from a stats perspective.

It's whether it's a truly representative sample that's in question.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Did you not see the poll on “rate the transfer window so far”? I suggest that the vast majority of NSC are not happy with the way it has gone.

The vast majority of those who felt the urge to respond to the poll. Yes.

Just checked. 198 people.

In depth then.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not disputing that but my remark was in relation to the post that a few thousand on NSC is not the majority of BHA fans or represent their views. Like most I am frustrated yet again by the recruitment teams apparent failure but have come to accept that they are not very good at their job but it is not my money paying them. I am only a supporter so I do not count.

Oh I dunno BG i’d Say you do count ..as regards to how well they are doing their job ..will you be judging that on who they sign (or don’t) or when they sign them

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's not agreement we're talking about really, it's the overall sentiment of the fan base. I think people would have to deluded to not agree that:

2. The number of NSC IS a good sample of all Albion fans, from a stats perspective.

Aye that’s a fair point

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Not disputing that but my remark was in relation to the post that a few thousand on NSC is not the majority of BHA fans or represent their views. Like most I am frustrated yet again by the recruitment teams apparent failure but have come to accept that they are not very good at their job but it is not my money paying them. I am only a supporter so I do not count.

I think this is a bit of a stretch. The same recruitment team that brought in Pascal Gross, Shane Duffy, Anthony Knockaert, Matt Ryan, Glen Murray etc.... I think the recruitment teams overall hit to miss ratio is blooming fantastic.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

But it's really not.

I'll say it again. The angry shout loudest.

This is like when people say "twitter reacted furiously". No....the angry people who can be arsed to go on the internet and rage at their keyboard reacted furiously.

Also 198 people responded to that poll. Is that the majority of NSC? Genuine question. I have no idea how many users there are.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But it's really not.

This is like when people say "twitter reacted furiously". No....the angry people who can be arsed to go on the internet and rage at their keyboard reacted furiously.

Also 198 people responded to that poll. Is that the majority of NSC? Genuine question. I have no idea how many users there are.

Bozza has said there are thousands on Nsc, so not even 10%.

You're right, the angry ones do make the most noise. It reminds of kids when told they have to be patient and wait. Oh, but everyone else is getting one. It's not fair.
:lolol:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

And to illustrate my point... the poll about how we feel about the transfer window so far has the following results:

10/10 -- 15 votes 7.5%
9 ----- 0 votes 0%
8 ------ 1 vote 0.5%
7 ------- 0 votes 0%
6 ------- 2 votes 1%
5 ------- 3 votes 1.5%
4 ------- 4 votes 2%
3 ------- 15 votes 7.5%
2 ------- 21 votes 10.5%
1 ------- 137 votes 69.5%

Seems like NSC isn't happy. Is 198 votes significant?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
But it's really not.

That's the key... is 198 significant? Is it at all representative?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You know the thoughts of over 22K people? Amazing. I'm astonished you found the time to ask each and everyone of them.

He may not know what each of those 22,000 is thinking, but to suggest a majority of fans are not as content as the club with striker progress is not an unreasonable hypothesis.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
And to illustrate my point... the poll about how we feel about the transfer window so far has the following results:

10/10 -- 15 votes 7.5%
9 ----- 0 votes 0%
8 ------ 1 vote 0.5%
7 ------- 0 votes 0%
6 ------- 2 votes 1%
5 ------- 3 votes 1.5%
4 ------- 4 votes 2%
3 ------- 15 votes 7.5%
2 ------- 21 votes 10.5%

It's a bit like just judging a result a half time. Lets see where we are at full time in the transfer window. I for one have been very impressed with the recruitment team over the last few years.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

10/10 -- 15 votes 7.5%
9 ----- 0 votes 0%
8 ------ 1 vote 0.5%
7 ------- 0 votes 0%
6 ------- 2 votes 1%
5 ------- 3 votes 1.5%
4 ------- 4 votes 2%
3 ------- 15 votes 7.5%
2 ------- 21 votes 10.5%

See, to me, we haven't lost any players who we desperately wanted to keep. By default, that can't be a '1', i.e the worst possible score available.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
See, to me, we haven't lost any players who we desperately wanted to keep. By default, that can't be a '1', i.e the worst possible score available.

It depends on your expectations I suppose. It would seem that there's a mix of people expecting more, sooner in this window and a degree of non-objective voting (emotional).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's the key... is 198 significant? Is it at all representative?

Not really.

The pissed off are probably more likely to vote
Certain users are excluded from voting (tapatalk for example)
Representative of fans in general or NSC members ?
How many non-fans (Palace trolls ?) voted ?
Window isn’t closed yet so many will be waiting to judge the outcome (accepting poll is ‘so far’ though so asking for a judgement now). Probably in part explains the low voting numbers

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
But it's really not.

I don't remember 'responding angrily' to any thread on here regarding the transfer window, yet I voted for it being a horrendously shit thus far on the basis that we screwed up the last one, and I and many friends felt we would get business done early. Doesn't mean to say it will end up that way.

Really hate this vocal minority crap, especially when in reference to a bloody poll where many are silent voters.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Well, the Recruitment team failed to plug the single most ****ing obvious gap in our squad in the summer, and have ALEADY failed to plug that gap in a timely fashion this window... these are facts... end of argument... to be frank, why don't you stick your patience suggestion where the sun don't shine... your 'club can do no wrong' stance, really, really p1sses me off TBH... as I say, the majority of fans are NOT 'content'...

Does somebody need a cuddle?

The vast majority of fans are more than content, we remember where we came from and how bad things can get. What we have now is more than we could of dreamed of 20 years ago. So what if we don't get sign everyone we go after? If that's what you want in a football club then I am sure Real Madrid would be more to your liking.

Jog on mi amigo.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't remember 'responding angrily' to any thread on here regarding the transfer window, yet I voted for it being a horrendously shit thus far on the basis that we screwed up the last one, and I and many friends felt we would get business done early. Doesn't mean to say it will end up that way.

Really hate this vocal minority crap, especially when in reference to a bloody poll where many are silent voters.

The point about "anger" isn't vocal though so please don't take it as that.

My point is, those who feel strongly about a subject are much more likely to vote than those who don't feel strongly.

I'm not concerned at all by the lack of signing this window, but I didn't bother to click on that poll and register that fact as, actually, people getting angry about something I'm not bothered about is not particularly engaging reading for me.

Now, if I WAS feeling aggrieved about the window then I probably would have opened that poll and voted 1/10 to represent this. Disappointment/annoyance are far stronger triggers than 'meh'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here