Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UEFA World Cup Boycott?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Why not just put up a candidate to stand against Blatter?

They tried that yesterday. Blatter has bribed enough people to guarantee that he will win every vote-now and until he dies. The corruption within FIFA has screwed football yet again.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I must admit part of me almost doesn't want England to qualify for Russia. A UEFA boycott would deal with Blatter and Putin with one stone, increasingly appealling

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I disagree with a boycott and I fully agree that every nation no matter how small should get a vote. That's Democracy

Who are the English FA and German FA and American FA and all the other to try and bully and influence the others to vote how they want them to vote.

And as for Sepp Blatter. Do we really really know that he is shit at his job. We are fed all this media hype telling us that he is corrupt but he has not been arrested for anything he has done wrong. If he had done then YES there may have been just cause for him being forced out.

And much as I cannot stand Russia's President Putin, he is correct. What the **** does all this have to do with the FBI. Why wasn't an Investigation carried out by an organisation not specific to any one country. So Putin is correct, the USA are meddling in more foreign affairs that does not concern them. After all, they have a history of bulldozing countries around the world and leaving them in a bigger mess than how they found them

For once Money cannot buy what people want and the large FA's in Europe do not like that and as far as I am concerned that's just tough shit. And anyhow, for every England or Germany or a France or USA waiting to pull out, there is a Slovenia or a Latvia or Belarus or Slovakia waiting to step in so a boycott would be useless.

So you think the sponsors would be happy to see England, US, France and Germany replaced with a few Eastern Europe minnows? A boycott of major national would be highly effective, money talks..

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
why do you think the countries who voted for Blatter would join an alternative World Cup?
They would also miss out on their continents international competition
The most likely scenario would be the World Cup continuing without the
European countries yes diminished and with less sponsorship but a World Cup
of European teams plus Australia and the USA isn't a World Cup.
The best hope for cleaning up FIFA a bit is for convictions in the courts.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
why do you think the countries who voted for Blatter would join an alternative World Cup?
They would also miss out on their continents international competition
The most likely scenario would be the World Cup continuing without the
European countries yes diminished and with less sponsorship but a World Cup
of European teams plus Australia and the USA isn't a World Cup.
The best hope for cleaning up FIFA a bit is for convictions in the courts.

The new darts soon overtook the old darts as the legitimate World title as the top stars all went to the new organisation, the same would happen to FIFA. 5k crowds watching Cameroon v Russia in front of a minimal crowd does not bring sponsorship money in, England v Germany does

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Seriously - if those big 4 from Europe pulled out then they'd probably take the rest of Europe with them barring Russia and possibly Spain.
Do you really think Real Madrid and Barcelona would want to give up on Champions League football?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Blatter clearly considers himself above the law unless the law can do something about this. A boycott should happen as Russia is quite possibly more corrupt than FIFA and as stated the idea of the World Cup in Qatar is beyond a sick joke.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Blatter gets votes because he gives each association a decent share of FIFAs revenues. It's like communism. And as long as the poor and less well off nations are doing well out of it, they will always vote for him

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
And anyhow, for every England or Germany or a France or USA waiting to pull out, there is a Slovenia or a Latvia or Belarus or Slovakia waiting to step in so a boycott would be useless.

Yeah, would give the world's biggest companies a chance to crack some huge new markets...

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
football is not darts .there will not be 2 Brazilian football teams.
we can boycott others may follow pressure would be exerted .
but just like the Olympics the show will go on without us.
diminished ,less sponsorship ,but there will be a World Cup,with or without us.
If I was a betting man I would risk a fat wedge on no boycott.
The best chance of cleaning up the game is to jail some criminals.
But where there's brass there's muck.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What alternative is there to a boycott of FIFA? Blatter's endemic bribery has guaranteed his re-election four times now. It's rotten to the core and a World Cup in winter in Qatar tangible proof that FIFA will do whatever it takes to earn a fat payday.

I favour a boycott of the 2022 World Cup and an extra European Championship.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Scotland threatening to pull out a tournament they've been boycotting since 1998....

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I disagree with a boycott and I fully agree that every nation no matter how small should get a vote. That's Democracy

Who are the English FA and German FA and American FA and all the other to try and bully and influence the others to vote how they want them to vote.

And as for Sepp Blatter. Do we really really know that he is shit at his job. We are fed all this media hype telling us that he is corrupt but he has not been arrested for anything he has done wrong. If he had done then YES there may have been just cause for him being forced out.

And much as I cannot stand Russia's President Putin, he is correct. What the **** does all this have to do with the FBI. Why wasn't an Investigation carried out by an organisation not specific to any one country. So Putin is correct, the USA are meddling in more foreign affairs that does not concern them. After all, they have a history of bulldozing countries around the world and leaving them in a bigger mess than how they found them

For once Money cannot buy what people want and the large FA's in Europe do not like that and as far as I am concerned that's just tough shit. And anyhow, for every England or Germany or a France or USA waiting to pull out, there is a Slovenia or a Latvia or Belarus or Slovakia waiting to step in so a boycott would be useless.

Joke of a post.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here