Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Grant roll call

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Brighton in June for me & the Mrs, never been to the venue before, looks a stunning place.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
He was very, very good, wasn't he? What a voice, and his band is excellent too. My first ever visit to Bexhill, and I've got to say the De La Warr is a great building and a really good venue too. A really good night.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just emailed the Pavilion to ask if they would be kind enough to pass on a gift to him. If they say yes, he's getting a Brighton scarf.

What was the outcome?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What was the outcome?

No reply. Gig was brilliant though - he started with the slower, more intense numbers and then did his techno set in the middle, absolutely rocking the place and then went the really moody tracks to finish. He chucked in an excellent and ever so slightly camp "That's The Good News" which I've never heard him play live before and even threw in an acoustic cover of Abba's 'Angel Eyes'.

I hadn't realised he was so popular with the lesbians. Sections of the De La Warr crowd resembled a Lykke Li concert.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
First, take Merry Prankster's advice and go buy some tickets for The Dome show. You'll be utterly stupid not to. John Grant is very very special.

It was my turn last night. I was lucky to stand about 8 feet from him and when he looked out across the crowd from his keyboard as he sang "I get to sing for lovely people all over this lovely world" I'm not afraid to admit a tear came to my eye and I had goosebumps at various times during the gig especially during Glacier. And Pale Green Ghosts sounding superb through the Berghain Funktion One. He has been described as "sings like an angel with devilish wit." Succinct and sums him up perfectly.

PS I broke my own no camera rule for this one.

Attachments

• JG.JPG
    JG.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 71

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He was very, very good, wasn't he? What a voice, and his band is excellent too. My first ever visit to Bexhill, and I've got to say the De La Warr is a great building and a really good venue too. A really good night.

DLWP is one of the treasures of the south of England. Sound is pretty good in there too.
Wished John would have given it a bit more chat.
I felt positively young in there.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Will be heading south for tomorrow nights show later today, really looking forward to it. First time at the dome, it looks like a stunning venue.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Hmm, looking at my booking confirmation I can't see that I paid any p&p, I don't recall receiving any tickets, but it also makes no reference to box office collection. Guess I need to give them a call.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Hmm, looking at my booking confirmation I can't see that I paid any p&p, I don't recall receiving any tickets, but it also makes no reference to box office collection. Guess I need to give them a call.

Phew, they're there waiting for collection :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here