Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich fan on Hughton

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Aye, The Pinkun is full of absolute muppets. NorwichTalk is our sensible forum which has a higher calibre of contributions and smaller minority of idiots. I wasn't aware you'd had some of the idiots migrate over here (wasn't one called "FirstWizard" or "Wiz" was there? He's infamous as the Pinkun's biggest kn*bhead, and has a habit of trolling other clubs forums). Most of us aren't like that.

We won't get rid of Adams yet. He won the FA Youth cup (in quite spectacular fashion) with our academy for the first time in 30 years, and has been around the club for 20 years now, he has a lot of good will from the fans. Mike Phelan coming in as assistant has done much to alleviate the concerns about Adams lack of experience. We had a rocky couple of months but have won 3 (including a 5-0 and a 6-1), and drawn one (away to Derby) in our last 5. He's safe for a fair while yet.

"Yet" =2 days!:lolol::lolol:

PG

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:bounce:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
mmmmm

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
"He presided over a record transfer spend, then employed awful, negative tactics and never had a plan B." ........

How does this resonate?....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is the OP a clairvoyant? :down:

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
My main problems with him was the negative, horrible football, lack of Plan B, (at Easter in his first season, we went 4 of 6 games without registering a shot on or off target) and absolute ineptitude with subs. He made 64 subs last year before any of them came on and scored, or even got an assist. No other manager in any division managed to have such little impact when making subs last season.

???

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
"He presided over a record transfer spend, then employed awful, negative tactics and never had a plan B." ........

Any club that has spent a significant time out of the Premier League will have a record spend when promoted. What resonates is how well Norwich have done since sacking Hughton...

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

We've had two of the best seasons we've ever had under Hughton. Lots of goals, attacking often direct football, fantastic team spirit. A half season struggle in the Premier League does not alter history. Nor does it change the lack of depth Norwich had, and the troubles they've had since.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's what a lot of our fans are saying, but quote another part of the post, where Norwich had 32 points when Hughton was sacked, but got relegated on 33. They gained just one point after he went.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's what a lot of our fans are saying, but quote another part of the post, where Norwich had 32 points when Hughton was sacked, but got relegated on 33. They gained just one point after he went.

Because like us this season, Norwich's run in consisted of only playing teams CH had showed intention of beating.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Because like us this season, Norwich's run in consisted of only playing teams CH had showed intention of beating.

They beat Spurs and got a point against Man City(c) in February.

Interesting though that 7 teams got 38 points or less that season. 34 points was safety.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He did do some good things in the first season, we went on a 10 game unbeaten run, and put several of the big boys to the sword.

That suggests to me he's prepared to do it, as long as he believes he has the players to pull it off. Second year when "he" spent on those strikers, maybe it wasn't his call, they weren't his 1st choice, or simply didn't like the look of them so much when he saw them at closer quarters. Works with what he's got / given.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Well it looks like some people have the pitchforks and flaming torches out already...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here