Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jovetic

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Deeney would be an upgrade on what we have, wouldn't he? 10 goals last year, 13 the year before that and still the right side of 30.

Perhaps. But we are a team that breaks quickly and he's always looked quite sluggish to me.

Thought he was older TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What a strange site. Is it supposed to be a parody? I don't get it :nono:

I don't think so but I'm not sure. Ranks very well in google so they are doing something right. Looks like they just reproduce content for each side and load it up with keywords that google will like.

Assume that is just an oversight as it's the same copy (except for the team changed) as the Watford page: http://sillyseason.com/salary/watford-fc-players-salaries-101455/

It always makes me laugh on here and other sites when people speak with such authority on players salaries. I can only assume young [MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION]kelly_10 who wrote both and I expect all the similar articles on that site is just basing his numbers on what Fifa or Football manager tells him.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I don't think so but I'm not sure. Ranks very well in google so they are doing something right. Looks like they just reproduce content for each side and load it up with keywords that google will like.

Assume that is just an oversight as it's the same copy (except for the team changed) as the Watford page: http://sillyseason.com/salary/watford-fc-players-salaries-101455/

It always makes me laugh on here and other sites when people speak with such authority on players salaries. I can only assume young [MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION]kelly_10 who wrote both and I expect all the similar articles on that site is just basing his numbers on what Fifa or Football manager tells him.

Dunk will be very upset when he realises he's on the lowest wage in the squad. Even Rohan Ince is getting 3 times as much.

drofnud

Jun 30, 2014
What squad number was Casper Ankergren allocated? Sixteen. Now retired! So it is vacant. And what number shirt does Jovetic wear? You've guessed it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Why would we throw big money at a player who doesn't even want to come to England? ???

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Not seen this posted anywhere but excuse me if I missed it... Gazetta Dello Sport in Italy reported over the weekend we made a 'rich offer' for Inter Milan Striker Stefan Jovetic.

Big time signing if we could pull it off...

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...rejects-Toon-Inter-Milan-Rafa-Benitez-Sevilla

express claims doesn't want to join Newcastle as wants to join Seville. If he doesn't want to join Newcastle then hard to see how we are in with a chance, unless we are blowing everyone out the water money wise

Looks the sort of player who could do well for us though

I wonder if this is the one Barber has referred to on BT sport the other day. If so , sounds like a lot of eggs are in this basket.

Probably either just paper talk or it's an agent putting out a story in order to try to force the other, previously interested clubs into action either to create a bidding war (more likely between the 2 clubs mentioned above) or get them to act quickly and sign their player through fear of missing the chance to sign them if they wait any longer. Our club may have been picked as the one supposedly bidding based on the fact that we are yet to score this season and have previously stated we are in the market for a striker and therefore easy to conjure up a plausible #fakenews story about

Yoda

English & European
according to wiki, he played 21 games last season and scored 6.

The 2015-2016 season he played 26 games and again, only scored 6.

So when was the last time he's scored more than 8?

Late to the thread, but don't just go by the most basic of wiki stats FFS!

Lets do a proper break down shall we? (GS= Games Started, SB= Appearance from Subs Bench, G= Goals, A= Assists)

Last season at Sevilla:
GS: 13, SB: 11, G: 7, A: 5
2015/16 at Inter:
GS: 19, SB: 8, G: 6, A: 2
2014/15 at Man City:
GS: 14, SB: 12, G: 5, A: 4
2013/14 at Man City:
GS: 6, SB: 14, G: 7 A: 1
2012/13 at Fiorentina:
GS: 32, SB: 1, G: 13, A: 5
2011/12 at Fiorentina:
GS: 28, SB: 0, G: 14, A: 3
2010/11 at Fiorentina:
Out for the whole season with ACL
2009/10 at Fiorentina:
GS: 30, SB: 5, G: 10, A: 8
2008/09 at Fiorentina:
GS: 19, SB: 14, G: 2, A: 1

It is also worth noting that during those first two season's at Fiorentina, he was not utilised as a striker under Prandelli, but more as the support player behind Mutu or Gilardino which is his prefered position.

Feb 21, 2009
I've got this feeling that if we sign this man we're be alright. It's early days for sure but a player of his calibre would command the opposition to re-think there game and he could free up space for the others. I appreciate Murray and Hemed can do this just don't think they have the same fear factor to the opposition as a player like Jovetic would have, seeing as he's been at big clubs he would demand the tactics board of the opposition to highlight him. Just my opinion.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The transfer fee not the issue (£12.8m is the asking price) it's the 80k p/w wages

For a decent striker you are going to need to pay £80k a week, which equates to £4m a year.

To put it into context, an untried striker might demand £40k a week, £2m a year.

So for the sake of £2m this year we might add the goals that keep us up. I'm sure the club would be sensible to add a relegation clause into the contract, just in case it all went tits up.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I'm sure the club would be sensible to add a relegation clause into the contract, just in case it all went tits up.

This would be the sensible answer, and perfect for clubs like us. However, players would refuse to sign, and instead take a deal without a relegation clause.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This would be the sensible answer, and perfect for clubs like us. However, players would refuse to sign, and instead take a deal without a relegation clause.

Bloody player power.

Don't players pick up a share of any transfer fee? Perhaps a guaranteed relegation release fee allowing the player to move on for a predetermined amount, should we face the drop, might sweeten any potential deal we offer now?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Bloody player power.

Don't players pick up a share of any transfer fee? Perhaps a guaranteed relegation release fee allowing the player to move on for a predetermined amount, should we face the drop, might sweeten any potential deal we offer now?
A very good idea!

Needs intervention at the top to make it happen though. Clubs get into trouble when they are relegated with highly-paid players contracted to them for long periods.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
CH completely knocked this one down after the Barnet game. Sample quotes: "Who? Where is he now? That's not one I've heard."

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
VIsiting my wife's spanish family at the moment and her cousin just came up to me to tell me that the spanish national press are reporting that it's now between us and Sevilla for Jovetic signature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here