Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uwe Hünemeier signs for Albion on a three-year deal

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I see the club managed to spell his name incorrectly in the release: it's Hünemeier not Hunemeier. If they don't want to put in the umlaut, then it's Huenemeier.

Not a good start

they will probably tipex it in later

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Firstly kudos to [MENTION=20585]Urchin[/MENTION]

Secondly this looks, on paper, like a really strong signing. I know we still need a winger or two and I don't want to reignite the number 10 thing here again but, to use an old phrase, Keep The Faith.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Breaking news my arse it's a day late it was on here first. I go to NSC for news first and then to the Brighton Web-site mind you then you have to work it out is it true or false and is it a wind up.:drama:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
He looks like a young Paul Weller.

How about the Modfather for a nickname?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Undisclosed fee

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I want this potential new signing to be Dunks new partner, but realistically I know its too replace him.

Sadly, I fear this is the case. I've been told Dunk is off, the source is normally fairly spot on. I think we'll find this is Dunk's replacement and Rea will be sitting on the bench.

Hope I am wrong with what I have been told, because as the above has stated this would really be a good bit of business.#

The reason why I think he would go, from my point of view....

Greer is the captain, so wont step down to the bench, nor will Dunk. Uwe is a former captain and would not want to be sitting 3rd fiddle, someone will need to lose a place and with the bid(s) for Dunk and additional outside interest then you can guess the the club (FFP and all that) would look to sell. You can't keep all 3 happy imo.

NorthStandSeagull

Apr 20, 2013
Hove
Well at least the song is sorted!

He's our German, our Super German
called Uwe Hunemeier
he's our German, our super German
called Uwe Hunemeier

Our Hunemeier
Our Hunemeier
Our Hunemeier
Our Hunemeier
Our Hunemeier
Our Hunemeier
Our Hunemeier
Our Hunemeier

And so on..........Just me then?!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sadly, I fear this is the case. I've been told Dunk is off, the source is normally fairly spot on. I think we'll find this is Dunk's replacement and Rea will be sitting on the bench.

Hope I am wrong with what I have been told, because as the above has stated this would really be a good bit of business.#

Greer is the captain, so wont step down to the bench, nor will Dunk. Uwe is a former captain and would not want to be sitting 3rd fiddle, someone will need to lose a place and with the bid(s) for Dunk and additional outside interest then you can guess the the club (FFP and all that) would look to sell. You can't keep all 3 happy imo.

We will still need another as cover if Dunk goes, I remember last season when, due to yellow cards, we were very close to missing both Dunk and Greer at the same time. Minor injury/suspensions could leave us in trouble

NorthStandSeagull

Apr 20, 2013
Hove
Well at least the song is sorted!

He's our German, our Super German
called Uwe Hunemeier
he's our German, our super German
called Uwe Hunemeier

Our Hunemeier
Our Hunemeier
Our Hunemeier
Our Hunemeier
Our Hunemeier
Our Hunemeier
Our Hunemeier
Our Hunemeier

And so on..........Just me then?!

To the tune of the lion king i should add

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus Aug 11 South East, England
Update on Uwe Hunemeier. Expected to sign today, subject to medical, as replacement for Aaron Hughes, not Dunk. Fee around £1.4m. #bhafc

Sorry, couldn't see this. AN is confident, as am I. Greer is old, and will pick up injuries. Uwe might even be better, who knows?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

We were clearly getting Uwe anyway.

No way was this a rushed ' quick we need a replacement urgently ' type signing.

If Dunk goes, he'll be replaced ( although maybe with a loan ).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here