Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich Tickets (Now on SKY: Friday 21st April, kick-off 7.45pm)

theboybilly

What does "watching preparations for the game" involve ?

Heh heh good question, Bearing in mind I was thinking the game would be played on the Saturday I was using the pitchside room to get into the atmosphere for the game before heading out to one of the excellent pubs Norwich has to offer. My plans will change a bit now it's on the Friday. At Bristol City I had a two-night stay at a B&B that backed right onto the away end so I could watch all the Albion fans arriving (and the team coach turn up) while watching Jeff Stelling & Co at the same time. It made a nice change from being in a hotel miles from the ground

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Sixteen times? Sixteen? With more to come, in all likelihood?

On Jan 16th Paul Barber said, on the Albion website:

"It's easy to believe that TV companies - and clubs - don't consider fans when fixtures are changed. This simply isn't the case."

Where is the evidence, any evidence whatsoever, that this is true? What consideration have we received this season? Or Leeds? Or Newcastle, to speak only of clubs in our division?

He also said; "For me, a balance remains vital. ... Football simply wouldn't be the same without supporters at the game - and we mustn't ever forget this."

I have no doubt we'll fill these allocations, but I can't now go to Norwich. Constant Friday night games have made it more difficult to get to games than it's been at any point in my 32 years of season-ticket ownership, at the very point when it's most exciting, most enjoyable going to them. I can't be alone in this position, and frankly I'm sick of it. Yes, I recognise that the success has been concomitant with the TV coverage, the one in part enables the other, but what effing good is that to me if I can't see that success to enjoy it? I've said it on here before, and I'll say it again - it's not now the club's got to worry about. In the event the club drops back down the divisions, even if we have dipped our toes in the Premier League gravy lake, those who are only interested when it's all WWWDW won't be there then, and nor will some of the old-timers that have been alienated, at a time when the club really does need to care about them.

Sky won't give a flying toss about us then, so who will the club look to, to fill the coffers previously so copiously stuffed by telly? The very people they've been pissing off on the way up.

And breathe...

This about sums it up! :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It couldn't be easier if you don't want the Albion to be on Sky a bazillion times.

Just hope and pray next season the team is really shitehouse.

But obviously, if that were to happen, don't forget to come on here and moan that 'we're never on Sky, and it's not fair'.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Sixteen times? Sixteen? With more to come, in all likelihood?

On Jan 16th Paul Barber said, on the Albion website:

"It's easy to believe that TV companies - and clubs - don't consider fans when fixtures are changed. This simply isn't the case."

Where is the evidence, any evidence whatsoever, that this is true? What consideration have we received this season? Or Leeds? Or Newcastle, to speak only of clubs in our division?

He also said; "For me, a balance remains vital. ... Football simply wouldn't be the same without supporters at the game - and we mustn't ever forget this."

I have no doubt we'll fill these allocations, but I can't now go to Norwich. Constant Friday night games have made it more difficult to get to games than it's been at any point in my 32 years of season-ticket ownership, at the very point when it's most exciting, most enjoyable going to them. I can't be alone in this position, and frankly I'm sick of it. Yes, I recognise that the success has been concomitant with the TV coverage, the one in part enables the other, but what effing good is that to me if I can't see that success to enjoy it? I've said it on here before, and I'll say it again - it's not now the club's got to worry about. In the event the club drops back down the divisions, even if we have dipped our toes in the Premier League gravy lake, those who are only interested when it's all WWWDW won't be there then, and nor will some of the old-timers that have been alienated, at a time when the club really does need to care about them.

Sky won't give a flying toss about us then, so who will the club look to, to fill the coffers previously so copiously stuffed by telly? The very people they've been pissing off on the way up.

And breathe...

Some valid points.

Still, if we were to go up, it will be next season the club will need you, with increased away allocations and games arranged mostly in the time slots people repeatedly crave.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It couldn't be easier if you don't want the Albion to be on Sky a bazillion times.

But obviously, if that were to happen, don't forget to come on here and moan that 'we're never on Sky, and it's not fair'.

:wrong:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Yes. I do seem to remember plenty of moaning that Leeds games were always on telly. This really was to be expected, and the upside is that rather than only 2000 Albion fans being able to watch this with everyone else relying on the radio, 10s of thousands will now be able to watch all over the country and even abroad.

And I say that as someone that has over 1100 loyalty points (so probably enough) and could only have made this game if it had remained on a Saturday.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This has really angered me. A match that could quite easily be the one where we clinch promotion is moved for tv. What was a simple return day trip by train now involves a stop over. More cost to fans. My plan to go to all remaining aways looks scuppered.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Some valid points.

Still, if we were to go up, it will be next season the club will need you, with increased away allocations and games arranged mostly in the time slots people repeatedly crave.

Increased away allocations? The most any premier league team has to give us if we get there is 3000. Many won't even have to give us that.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm still going but not in the slightest pleased. Our fan turn out will be reduced for what might be a pivotal game, and whatever platitudes are proffered from Team Barber, this says sod the fans and Sky roolz.

Premier League is SO enticing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This has really angered me. A match that could quite easily be the one where we clinch promotion is moved for tv. What was a simple return day trip by train now involves a stop over. More cost to fans. My plan to go to all remaining aways looks scuppered.
I don't understand how you could be angered by this.
Esp considering you believe this match could quite easily be 'the' match.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Out of interest, what sort of viewing figures do the broadcasters get for these Championship games?

Obviously it must be enough to make the business case stack up, but who - apart from Norwich or Brighton supporters - would want to spend a Friday night watching Norwich vs Brighton on the telly?

:shrug:

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Out of interest, what sort of viewing figures do the broadcasters get for these Championship games?

Obviously it must be enough to make the business case stack up, but who - apart from Norwich or Brighton supporters - would want to spend a Friday night watching Norwich vs Brighton on the telly?

Certainly Hudds and Toon supporters would

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Certainly Hudds and Toon supporters would

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I'm interested in their (Huddersfield and Newcastle) results this season naturally - but I could never commit an hour and half of my life to watching one of their games.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Wasn't it all about making up the numbers after BT nicked premier league games.....fwiw i tend to watch most championship games on the box ...probably more than premier league...i guess as its the league we are in

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here