Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor STILL sucking off Barton

Yoda

English & European
That's a good point. Normally, in hurdling, if you take off with your right foot, your left foot comes down first and your right in a running action lands further forward for maximum speed away from the hurdle, with the side effect of maximum pressure on the landing foot. Barton didn't do that, he landed both feet more or less together, suggesting that he was trying to take the prssure off his left foot.

Proves my point nicely, and you fell for my trap. IF he was hurdling Kayal's leg as so many of your fans are trying to point out, he wouldn't have landed the way he did. Landing with both feet together, or near enough together actually creates MORE force than the lead leg on it's own. Oh, and before you try and argue out of it, I'm an ex-Sussex County hurdle champion and a coach in the event.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Proves my point nicely, and you fell for my trap. IF he was hurdling Kayal's leg as so many of your fans are trying to point out, he wouldn't have landed the way he did. Landing with both feet together, or near enough together actually creates MORE force than the lead leg on it's own. Oh, and before you try and argue out of it, I'm an ex-Sussex County hurdle champion and a coach in the event.

Thanks for that. I don't see that there was any doubt that he was hurdling Kayal's leg when he took off, because his Kayal's leg was nowhere near the landing zone at that time Barton took off. It was only because Kayal was rolling over that his knee was anywhere near Barton's landing zone. I think I'm right that once you have left the ground, you can't change direction? Only perhaps move your legs around and try and plant a foot a short distance, a foot or two, from where you were aiming? I don't see any evidence on the video that Barton moved his landing foot to ensure that he hit Kayal. The most I think you could reasonably argue is that he saw Kayal's knee appearing in the landing zone and chose not to avoid it - is that something that is reasonably feasible in hurdling? For example, if a runner hits the top of the hurdle and it's falling down in front of him, can he easily choose not to land on the hurdle?

The bit about landing with more force on two feet than on one is interesting, and I don't doubt it's true, but I certainly didn't know that. Did Barton? I've no knowledge of whether he's been trained in hurdling. It's not a circumstance that happens often in football. My contention is that he may have seen he was going to land on Kayal's knee and was trying to mitigate the effect - not that he knew the science of hurdling and was trying to make it worse.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Thanks for that. I don't see that there was any doubt that he was hurdling Kayal's leg when he took off, because his Kayal's leg was nowhere near the landing zone at that time Barton took off. It was only because Kayal was rolling over that his knee was anywhere near Barton's landing zone. I think I'm right that once you have left the ground, you can't change direction? Only perhaps move your legs around and try and plant a foot a short distance, a foot or two, from where you were aiming? I don't see any evidence on the video that Barton moved his landing foot to ensure that he hit Kayal. The most I think you could reasonably argue is that he saw Kayal's knee appearing in the landing zone and chose not to avoid it - is that something that is reasonably feasible in hurdling? For example, if a runner hits the top of the hurdle and it's falling down in front of him, can he easily choose not to land on the hurdle?

The bit about landing with more force on two feet than on one is interesting, and I don't doubt it's true, but I certainly didn't know that. Did Barton? I've no knowledge of whether he's been trained in hurdling. It's not a circumstance that happens often in football. My contention is that he may have seen he was going to land on Kayal's knee and was trying to mitigate the effect - not that he knew the science of hurdling and was trying to make it worse.

Everything you've posted today is laughable bullshit. I don't believe even you believe it. Pathetic

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
thanks for that. I don't see that there was any doubt that he was hurdling kayal's leg when he took off, because his kayal's leg was nowhere near the landing zone at that time barton took off. It was only because kayal was rolling over that his knee was anywhere near barton's landing zone. I think i'm right that once you have left the ground, you can't change direction? Only perhaps move your legs around and try and plant a foot a short distance, a foot or two, from where you were aiming? I don't see any evidence on the video that barton moved his landing foot to ensure that he hit kayal. The most i think you could reasonably argue is that he saw kayal's knee appearing in the landing zone and chose not to avoid it - is that something that is reasonably feasible in hurdling? For example, if a runner hits the top of the hurdle and it's falling down in front of him, can he easily choose not to land on the hurdle?

The bit about landing with more force on two feet than on one is interesting, and i don't doubt it's true, but i certainly didn't know that. Did barton? I've no knowledge of whether he's been trained in hurdling. It's not a circumstance that happens often in football. My contention is that he may have seen he was going to land on kayal's knee and was trying to mitigate the effect - not that he knew the science of hurdling and was trying to make it worse.

idiot!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Come on fella, we know it and you know it, Barton knew he could leave the boot in and get away with it so he did simple as that, anyone can see that.

He got away with it, so just admit it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Okay, all that rubbish aside for a second, he's just landed on someones leg/knee that he would have undoubtedly felt, would he not? Why is his first reaction to try to pick up the ball, why is there not a single moment he checks to see if the player is okay? That is the give away really. You're talking total tosh, because had he not intended it, his first thought would have been to check the other player - that is what the majority would do if they unintentionally stamped on someone. His reaction is to try to convince the ref nothing has happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here