Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Taking both kids today. Very excited to be back at the Amex and see my mates, have a Harvey's and a pie and watch some meaningful football. Can't wait.

Result wise I have no expectation at all. United were on the beach in our last match and probably gave it about 40%. This time, unfortunately, they need a result and we'll find it a lot harder. It's not a lost cause. There are plenty with things to prove after last week and with the squad strengthened will be trying to play for a place. Our home form is always good and I'm expecting a cracking atmosphere.

IMO we could have done without the flags although my two bin lids will enjoy waving them.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I guess I would be if we'd performed better against Watford. As it is, I'm worried.

Same here. Still not got over how dreadful we were , and I’m dreading Hewoughton putting out pretty much the same line up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Albion at the Amex,match on Sky,plenty of ale/crisps,perrfick!Hopefully our defenders are back from hols,and Bissouma scores the winner.:albion2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ali and Montoya to start please, is Andone available yet ?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We're not expecting anything from this so I hope to God we blood the new players. Not only would it be exciting to watch an Albion team with real pace and an unknown quantity, but even if we don't get any points it will help bring the news boys up to speed. It can't be any worse than last week...........

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably a dull match with Man U stealing a 1-0 win as we miss any decent chances we get

You're expecting a 'response' to the Watford game.

That's encouraging.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm nervous. The Watford game has rattled me. It was so inexplicably poor that my confidence has taken a hit.

Would love to see Bissouma and Ali J play but with Montoya (presumably) taking over from Bruno is Hughton really going to start four new players and three full debutants? I reckon we might see Ali J in the starting line up but Bissouma on the bench.

A result would be very welcome before being given our four goal beating by Liverpool next week.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I hope to see Locadia start. (yes, I know, I am completely mad) I imagine United will have most of the ball, so we need to break at them with pace. Glenn for the last 20 maybe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope to see Locadia start. (yes, I know, I am completely mad) I imagine United will have most of the ball, so we need to break at them with pace. Glenn for the last 20 maybe.

Hopefully they're walking down from Manchester, as that's the only way Utd will be tired enough to face GM.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We've had great perfomrnces followed by awful ones, and awful ones followed by great ones. I have no idea what to expect performance-wise, but I just have this feeling that we're going to see a red card. It feels like there were a couple of instances yesterday that should have seen red cards but didn't, and it feels like when that happens, the following match day sees refs on high alert. Might also see a yellow for diving/clear penalty turned down because of the Wet Ham one...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I'm hoping for

Ryan

Montoya
Dunk
Balogun
Bernardo

Ali J
Stephens
Bissouma
Knocky

Gross
Locadia

Might as well see what these new lads have got

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm hoping for

Ryan

Montoya
Dunk
Balogun
Bernardo

Ali J
Stephens
Bissouma
Knocky

Gross
Locadia

Might as well see what these new lads have got

Agree entirely. That is a very exciting line up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here