Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton U23 v Liverpool U23 - Premier League 2 - Training Ground - 7pm Tonight

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I thought IFollow was for EFL teams as they will be able to show LIVE league games of their first teams for the first time this season .. mid week games that is , just as sky will broadcast all championship mid week games simultaneously via red button

again I am not in the know and taking a wild stab in the dark on the rules and systems

just checked ... IFollow IS for EFL teams not prem teams https://www.efl.com/iFollow/

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8559964 said:
Do we stream these games anywhere?

Not sure your allowed to stream your U23 home games but as posted in the other U23 thread LFCTV are doing a live stream from 6:30PM if you can get the channel on satellite or online

Villa managed to do it very well last season!

As has been mentioned, you can watch it live here, if you sign up with 'GOFREE1819' code, but the only downside is leaving your credit card details!

I have no idea of the broadcast rules in terms of the U23 competitions .. I made an assumption that as a prem league team we dont use IFollow and were not allowed but by the same reasoning Liverpool are as they are the away team ... pure guess work on my part ... no idea if its allowed why the Albion would not show it otherwise as there must be a demand for it on Seagull Player

Would have thought that would have been a good selling pointy fo Seagulls Tv if permitted as I am sure many would take out subscriptions just for those games

We do use IFollow don't we? Or did last season anyway - and that was part of the problems!

No idea why we don't show U23 matches live though - unless it's in the rules that we can't do it. In which case it's a bloody silly rule, IMHO.............................................

If it has sold out anyway, why wouldn't the club be allowed to stream it? It's not going to affect the attendance ....

I thought IFollow was for EFL teams as they will be able to show LIVE league games of their first teams for the first time this season .. mid week games that is , just as sky will broadcast all championship mid week games simultaneously via red button

again I am not in the know and taking a wild stab in the dark on the rules and systems

just checked ... IFollow IS for EFL teams not prem teams https://www.efl.com/iFollow/

Absolutely no reason why Albion CAN'T show the match tonight; it is simply a case of whether they choose to, or not.

For example, Premier League Fulham are live-streaming their fixture against Man Utd this evening (and this tweet was re-tweeted by the official Premier League Youth twitter account, so there is clearly no contractual restriction on streaming these matches when there is a PL fixture live on TV, as the club attempted to suggest last season):-

[TWEET]1027526155316932608[/TWEET]

Southampton are also screening their fixture against Middlesbrough:-

[TWEET]1027936191193206791[/TWEET]

Given that Albion's match tonight is going to be available via Liverpool's TV set-up, I can't believe that Albion WON'T be showing it. Don't let me down, Tony......

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
my only reasoning as to why Albion are not showing it , but others are showing theirs is .... they have to pay for the right to show it ... or they would at least have to cover the cost of the equipment ( cameras , commentator ) and just dont think they can get enough subs to cover the costs

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I sent Paul Bartber an e mail asking the question. Here is his reply:

Dear Brian

Thank you for your email.

It’s simple economics. There is a considerable cost to mounting a broadcast quality production of a football match and we do not currently generate income from subscriptions to Seagulls Player or advertising revenue from our You Tube channel at anything like the rate some of our more bigger or more established rival Premier League clubs benefit from. Where we see opportunities to broadcast our U23 games that make economic sense we will look to do so.

Best wishes, Paul

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Dear Brian

It’s simple economics. There is a considerable cost to mounting a broadcast quality production of a football match and we do not currently generate income from subscriptions to Seagulls Player or advertising revenue from our You Tube channel at anything like the rate some of our more bigger or more established rival Premier League clubs benefit from. Where we see opportunities to broadcast our U23 games that make economic sense we will look to do so.

Best wishes, Paul

Wow , why would you not want to show hopefully the future players of the club to as many supporters as possible ? mental .

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Dear Brian

Best wishes, Paul

I'm going to stick my neck out here, and call you out for being a liar. That isn't a reply received from Paul Barber.

If I'm right, you should be banned from NSC.

If I'm wrong, I'll hold my hands up.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast

Dear Brian

Best wishes, Paul

Can you ask your mate Paul how come Liverpool have a broadcast quality feed from the Amex Elite Performance Centre when the economics have ruled out a broadcast quality feed from the Amex Elite Performance Centre ?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Because they are a "more bigger club"

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Would of thought 'the economics' would be solved by sharing Liverpools stream ... surely they could pay a small fee to re-broadcast the LFCTV broadcast ... but the club know the figures better than I do so maybe its still not worth the cost .. luckily I can watch LFCTV but would prefer to watch it on Seagulls TV given the choice

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'm going to stick my neck out here, and call you out for being a liar. That isn't a reply received from Paul Barber.

BG has a ready made excuse - he sent it to someone called Paul Bartber :moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Print view of the actual e mail received from Paul Barber You will note I have removed my full e mail address for obvious reasons., I have just copy and pasted it. If you pm your e mail address I will forward it to you.

To: "brianlisher@xxxxxxxxxx"<brianlisher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/08/2018 16:29
Subject: Re: Seagulls TV
Dear Brian

Best wishes, Paul

Sent from my iPhone

> On 10 Aug 2018, at 17:23, "brianlisher@xxxxxxxxx" <brianlisher@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Can you explain why Seagulls TV does not show U23s games as is the case with a number of Premier clubs. The capacity at Lancing is very small so it would not affect attendances. It would be a good selling point for subscriptions.
>
> I would be interested in yours or the boards reasoning for not showing the games.
>
>
> Many thanks
>
> Brian Lisher

As you can see it is genuine to and from him

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The match WILL be streamed, if it goes ahead:-

Liverpool.jpg