Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Stokes charged with affray

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
His post match interview was pretty emotional the other day - more so than I've seen from him before. Makes you wonder how much it's been playing on his mind.

...................and that he knows he has a very good chance of not playing cricket for a while. Trial hasn't started well for him. Looks like the 3 will get a sentence, unless he has paid off the 2 gay men to dispute the bouncers view of events.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
...................and that he knows he has a very good chance of not playing cricket for a while. Trial hasn't started well for him. Looks like the 3 will get a sentence, unless he has paid off the 2 gay men to dispute the bouncers view of events.
You can't read anything into the start of a trial. The prosecution get their go first and will be doing everything they can to assassinate his character and prove beyond any doubt that the bloke is guilty. That's their job!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
You can't read anything into the start of a trial. The prosecution get their go first and will be doing everything they can to assassinate his character and prove beyond any doubt that the bloke is guilty. That's their job!

The affray is for the three and I can read what I like. Doesn't mean I am right or that the final judgment will be right.

I'll guess the three are guilty.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From the couple of reports I have read of today's proceedings, it sounds as though the couple were more or less incidental to the later violent confrontation. The prosecution is building a picture of Stokes (and Hales) spoiling for a fight. After being refused re-entry to the (closed) nightclub, Stokes showed aggression to the bouncer, then to the couple, before the events that led to the arrest.

Unfair to draw any conclusions until his side have had their say, though.

100% this. Not even all of one side of the story.........way too early to assume anything. I saw a thread on FB where the poster had basically said 'looks like he's guilty, and was obviously coked up when he did it'.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The affray is for the three and I can read what I like. Doesn't mean I am right or that the final judgment will be right.

I'll guess the three are guilty.
Well fair enough but I hope you're never on a jury.....

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
This. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] please can moderators be aware of comments, online, about a live trial.

I see it as similar to a live football match or at least a cricket match without time restraints. Comment on what happens today and not be sure what will happen over the ensuing days. Deep in your heart you know England will lose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here