Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This transfer is very public (mainly because of Ali and instagram and Dutch media the English media ain't really interested). What we don't know is how normal this type of thing is.
It seems it is very normal for this player and his agent.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
There’s going to be a lot of humble pie and eating of words available on this thread at some point shortly.

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Anxiety dreams. Earlier I had a dream that when I went round my house (I'm having an extension built) the builder was clocking off for the day, and left me his fully grown adult panther to look after while he put his tools in his van, and you can guess the rest.

Wasn't what I meant, but dreams are a curious business. I recently had one where a chick hatched from an egg and I was the first thing it saw so thought I was its mother, so kept following me around, much to my annoyance. I couldn't get rid of the thing so I stopped walking away and thought fine, you can sit next to me whilst I sit down. Then it hopped onto my arm and started biting away with its beak, apparently hungry. I waved my arm around trying to get it off but it was stuck. Then I realised that my arm had an egg yoke physically attached to it, and it all made sense. It never occurred to me until I woke up that it was perhaps unusual to have a yoke attached to my arm and for a chick to want to eat it. As I say, a curious business. :lolol:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
There’s going to be a lot of humbleness pie and eating of words available on this thread at point shortly.

Aye Aye, Captain Cryptic?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There’s going to be a lot of humbleness pie and eating of words available on this thread at point shortly.

of course, just like on Foxes Talk if he signs for us he is a world beater who took the time to get the best deal for his family and career; if he signs for Leicester he is an overrated mercenary from a poor league,there is no evidence we were ever in for him, he would have come here if we had actually bid for him, Leicester who ? etc etc

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Do we really want this guy that much? He's had one decent season in the Dutch league, and that league has shown us that it can really flatter to deceive.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Do we really want this guy that much? He's had one decent season in the Dutch league, and that league has shown us that it can really flatter to deceive.

We've been tracking him for three years, I don't think the recruitment team are basing this on one good season in the Dutch League.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

I'm fairly certain that of al the possibilities on this thread and indeed within this Universe, the scenario you suggest is the LEAST likely. :D

el punal

Why would you expect a player to do anything but try to get the best deal he can?

I wouldn’t. I was commenting on the scenario that if the player and his agent’s sole intention was just purely financial. That doesn’t necessarily mean the best deal. He could be signed by a really shit club because they pay top dollar, hate the place and the club and his footballing future could go down the tube because of that.

Anyway, all of this is supposition until we hear the final outcome.

mikebha1963

May 13, 2014
Naylor has said to put money on him being an Albion player in the next 24-48 hours.

That’ll be him going to Leicester then.
Umm but with 1.1 million followers on instagram, imagine the potential shirt sales. 10% thats 100000extra shirts sold. Be good if it comes off, I think he would fit in well and would like the area, but if it doesnt we move on to our next target and good luck to him.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think he looks very good, and 20 million is a fair price..

If we sold Knockaert or Izquerido I would want that. Prices are mental.

A good age, I like our policy of picking up quality performers from lesser European leagues.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
In this money grabbing and cynical world that we live in wouldn’t it be lovely, if the player and his agent’s aim was purely financial gain, for BOTH clubs to tell them to f*** off. On the basis that player/agent are playing this game purely for greed then we shouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.

I hope their intentions are honourable but somehow I think not.

When you sell your house, would you sell it to someone that is really going to look after it, over a developer that would pay lots more but knock it down and build flats?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here