Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Anyone else notice his reaction at the end. Straight down the tunnel. No acknowledgement to the fans, his teammates or the opposition. Yes I know there was another striker a few years ago who was accused of similar things (and looked how that turned out), but he’s not helping himself is he.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Anyone else notice his reaction at the end. Straight down the tunnel. No acknowledgement to the fans, his teammates or the opposition. Yes I know there was another striker a few years ago who was accused of similar things (and looked how that turned out), but he’s not helping himself is he.

Can't blame him bearing in mind the stick he gets.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I’m not sure what people expect. He’s clearly unhappy and with us chasing the game him not coming on until the 86th minute and then playing left wing would have pissed me off as well. Probably should have come on for Gross when Bissouma came on and gone two up front.

He’s had more than enough stick as well. Wouldn’t exactly make me want to wander round applauding the fans.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Can't say I did to be honest. To be fair I wasn't looking out for him. I was too busy clapping the lads off.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
It's a bit hard for big Jurgs to make an impact, he was warming up for longer than he was on the pitch.

Probably doesn't help the fans mocking him.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Were you that pleased that the game was over and we only lost 2-1

Nah, hate losing but I thought we played well in the second half against a very good side. you?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt go as far to say that we played well but it was a vast improvement on the abysmal first half,

So,did you clap them off which was my original post?

And I don't always clap them off. I didn't when we lost THAT game 5-0 at Selhurst of 1-0 to 9 men Walsall.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I wouldnt go as far to say that we played well but it was a vast improvement on the abysmal first half,

If you don't think we played well second half when we had one of the top 10 teams in Europe on the ropes (their own manager said they were hanging on in the final minutes) as well as beating them 1-0 for the half you are on a lost cause following the Albion. Honestly don't know what you watch every week.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
...I don't always clap them off. I didn't when we lost... 1-0 to 9 men Walsall.

Argh! Don't remind me of that match. I'd been living overseas for seven years and that was my first time back at Withdean on my return. Felt like the Gillingham years all over again.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Argh! Don't remind me of that match. I'd been living overseas for seven years and that was my first time back at Withdean on my return. Felt like the Gillingham years all over again.

Unbelievable wasn't it?

Makes me laugh that there are youngsters (and some not so young) that want to get rid of some of our players, who didn't even know that we played against teams like Walsall.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This signing just hasn't worked out and for everyone's benefit we need to move him on.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

What made the performance so bad was that Walsall were down to 9 men by halftime and yet we never tested the keeper throughout the whole match.

Most of these amex critics never went to the Withdean. They don't know what it's like for the only match highlight to be a crap striker doing a moonwalk. At the priest field, during one match, the fans were calling for a pigeon to get man of the match for it's persistent presence in the penalty area which involved loads of corners and even a penalty. But to be fair, that pigeon was a one of a kind.

anyone remember the game when our defender cleared the ball over the south stand at the Withdean which had the whole stand and starting lineup observing it whilst the opposition took a thrown-in and scored?

But it was those performances which make me so proud of how we played today. I'm still amazed at the standard I'm watching the albion play. The one touch football, the pace, the ball control.

My only wish is to be able to get a season ticket so I could be at these games. Even my dad has one and he supports Spurs and never went and watch them play at the Withdean. He's enjoying us play all this nice football without even supporting or caring about the albion and yet he (like many others) still moans about certain players and performances, whilst I now have to stream it on some crap american channel, punching the air when we score sat in my bedroom. Some fans just don't realise how sweet the present moment is for this club. If only the club kept a record of the fans who watched them in those days....

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What made the performance so bad was that Walsall were down to 9 men by halftime and yet we never tested the keeper throughout the whole match.

Most of these amex critics never went to the Withdean. They don't know what it's like for the only match highlight to be a crap striker doing a moonwalk. At the priest field, during one match, the fans were calling for a pigeon to get man of the match for it's persistent presence in the penalty area which involved loads of corners and even a penalty. But to be fair, that pigeon was a one of a kind.

anyone remember the game when our defender cleared the ball over the south stand at the Withdean which had the whole stand and starting lineup observing it whilst the opposition took a thrown-in and scored?

But it was those performances which make me so proud of how we played today. I'm still amazed at the standard I'm watching the albion play. The one touch football, the pace, the ball control.

My only wish is to be able to get a season ticket so I could be at these games. Even my dad has one and he supports Spurs and never went and watch them play at the Withdean. He's enjoying us play all this nice football without even supporting or caring about the albion and yet he (like many others) still moans about certain players and performances, whilst I now have to stream it on some crap american channel, punching the air when we score sat in my bedroom. Some fans just don't realise how sweet the present moment is for this club. If only the club kept a record of the fans who watched them in those days....

:lolol:

So true!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here