• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Yes 100% I knew who you were digging at. Someone who unfortunately I have had to use three times in recent times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then you are a humourless snowflake. As hard as it is, we ALL lose loved ones. Maybe that should teach you not to take life so seriously.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Lenny handled my Mum's funeral brilliantly and looked after me over the payment for it too. One of life's good guys...

Likewise for my Father's recent funeral. Excellent .

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Then you are a humourless snowflake. As hard as it is, we ALL lose loved ones. Maybe that should teach you not to take life so seriously.

It is vindictive to continue to poke at someone about something they said a decade ago, and immediately retracted and unreservedly apologised for on multiple occasions. We’ve all said something that we’ve immediately regretted; few of us have people who seem to delight in reminding us of it a decade later. Unnecessary and spiteful.

imo, of course.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It is vindictive to continue to poke at someone about something they said a decade ago, and immediately retracted and unreservedly apologised for on multiple occasions. We’ve all said something that we’ve immediately regretted; few of us have people who seem to delight in reminding us of it a decade later. Unnecessary and spiteful.

imo, of course.

Well quite. One throw away comment, regretted and apologised for versus years of dignified and professional dealings with the bereaved. And that's before helping to save our football club....

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

imo, of course.

I think you are taking things a little too seriously. It was just a little tongue in cheek quip, intended to induce nothing more than a titter. I haven't see you defending Tommy Robinson when tweets that he made years ago are regurgitated on here.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
It's possible to plan and pay for your funeral before you die. Most people chose not to and then, well, you might not get the best deal 'cause you're in a rush. Same with any purchase: product or service. However, it's bash funeral directors this week. Back to Bankers next week and then a well over due return to Supermarkets week after that. Then a short break before we start the new year with credit card providers...boo, hiss, the way they force everyone to pay for xmas on them and then charge interest. Bare faced cheek!

Its not unknown for firms offering pre planned funerals to go out of business

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sure there are some dodgy practices out there but have to say the firm that handled my sister’s arrangements recently were brilliant throughout, and very clear and transparent on the costs.
Wow i don't expect your sister was that old either. Sorry to hear that

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Christ i'm 4 years older.

Yeah, shitty times. She had ovarian cancer about 8 years ago, major ops and chemo sorted it at the time but there was always a small amount of the tumour remaining. 3-monthly scans kept an eye on it, but between scans it got very aggressive to the point where it became inoperable within weeks.

10 years younger than me..........

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yeah, shitty times. She had ovarian cancer about 8 years ago, major ops and chemo sorted it at the time but there was always a small amount of the tumour remaining. 3-monthly scans kept an eye on it, but between scans it got very aggressive to the point where it became inoperable within weeks.

10 years younger than me..........

I wouldn't know what it felt like attending someones funeral that you were so close to. I did attend a good friends funeral of a seven year old which made national news Even Harry Rednapp made a comment. That is something i will never forget seeing the tiny coffin being carried.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wouldn't know what it felt like attending someones funeral that you were so close to. I did attend a good friends funeral of a seven year old which made national news Even Harry Rednapp made a comment. That is something i will never forget seeing the tiny coffin being carried.

Children's funerals are heartbreaking. My cousin's boy was only 5 when he died of croup, and another friend's little girl was a year old. Her Dad carried a little white coffin in his arms for the service. I don't know how parents cope with it.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Children's funerals are heartbreaking. My cousin's boy was only 5 when he died of croup, and another friend's little girl was a year old. Her Dad carried a little white coffin in his arms for the service. I don't know how parents cope with it.

When we had the funeral for my 11 week old, the undertakers asked me if I wanted to carry the coffin, but I just couldn't do it. On a side note, Tribes were brilliant and didn't charge us a penny because he was so young.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here