Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
'Shit club shit fans' quote of the year .. settled in June :bowdown:

I see todays posts include Remainers bigging up supposed negative Airbus news predicated on a no deal scenario while other remainers say no deal will not take place and was never going to happen. The usual painfuly misinformed comments about controlling EU migration and it's effects (while living in sussex) :facepalm::lolol: One emphasises a single poll re a second referendum as significant after previously proiritising opinions of a friend over dozens of polls. Another one posts referendums aren't suitable for settling complicated matters while many of them want a second referendum.

If peeps want to continue trolling/bedwetting at least come up with a credible consistant line :dunce:

You mention 'no deal' but the Airbus (and BMW) positions seem to be in reference to the UK being outside a customs union. In other words, bad-deal as well as no-deal.

As with people of the opposite persuasion those who believe that Brexit is wrong don't belong to an homogenous gang. We disagree with each other on specific things. However, I suspect that most of us would be in accord on the near-impossibility of having reasoned conversations with internet shouters interested all-to-often in badly interpreting people's views in order to score points.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patreon
Jan 30, 2008
you leftie snowflakes are all the same so what if a few jobs go for enginering at airbus as theire are plenty available pickeing fruit elswhere as all the bulgarean benefit theives are going home so plenty of work for all lose some win some but a jobs a job so take that you rodneys

Regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I wonder how many of those complaining on here are bothering to go to London today ? Come on [MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] ... here's you chance for direct action :lol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The immigration debate would not have been different as you are incapable of recognising that people who have firm views on immigration want managed migration numbers and controlled border decisions prior to entry and not a non system of uncontrolled numbers and absurd monitoring after entry has been gained.
Its why Brits overwhelmingly still support the “ hostile environment” policy on illegals despite the HO cock up. The country simply wants increased checks and balances on immigration.
Freedom of movement is ending……..good riddance.

Do you think that there is no reason for this firm view on immigration and desire to control the numbers? We have been fed stories about health tourists, scroungers and criminals and misled as to the prevalence and told they place an unbearable burden on the NHS and Schools. The reason this can happen at all is due to UK policy, the reason our policy has been to let it go is because it would require us to do it for every entrant from wherever and would cost more in admin than would be saved.
If the majority of stories regarding EU migration were about how free movement helps keep our NHS running, that Austerity would be more austere without the tax and NI contributions of these people, and that even the eastern Europeans who are generally lower paid put in twice as much through tax and NI as they receive in benefits, perhaps even you would see that despite some issues, there is not just a net benefit, but we actually need something close to the numbers of migrants we get to function.

It is still happening. When the Telegraph reports that "One in seven of the 2,733,000 EU migrants aged 16-64 - a total of 390,000 - are unemployed or “inactive”. they fail to mention that this number includes students of which there are more than 250,000. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/12/eu-migrants-without-job-make-city-size-bristol/

Umm no, I was not thinking of a “no deal brexit wont happen” with regard to Watford zero in the slightest, you have massively understood that incorrectly,
I was referring and ridiculing his Brexit wont happen…..we will end up just staying in the EU stance.(though apparently he has now forgotten he ever held this position)
So you can put your wasted confusion, difficulty, difference, thickness and straw man conclusions back in your pocket. He knows what I was referring to even if you don’t.

Fair enough, but, if you can't show the post, are you sure it was him? And if so, are you sure he is wrong? I think we are going to miss the deadline, and get an extension, or worse for you, have to rescind A50 if we can't get an extension. If we are still in by the time the next GE comes around, who knows how things will turn out?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I wonder how many of those complaining on here are bothering to go to London today ? Come on @<u><a href="http://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?u=15363" target="_blank">Plooks</a></u> ... here's you chance for direct action :lol:

I'd forgotten about that - 2 years ago today

So we'll be leaving tomorrow, then (although I am sure no-one was naive enough to believe that particular Brexit lie).

Still, look at how much we've achieved in the first 2 years. Gives a real sense of optimism about the next 5 :lolol:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
"no deal is better than a bad deal " something to get your teeth into Grizzlers …… bye bye EU
regards
DR

I'll do this once and try to explain to you in very simple statements

'No deal' means adopting WTO rules and tariffs.

The EU, both collectively and the nations of the EU individually, are members of the WTO.

The EU are, therefore, governed by the rules and tariffs of the WTO.

The EU are not allowed, therefore, to give us worse terms than the WTO.

It is, therefore impossible, for the EU to give us a deal worse than the WTO.

It is, therefore, impossible for 'no deal to be better than a bad deal'.

You, therefore, are a moron.

Hope this has been of help :thumbsup:

Last edited:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
There were more people out celebrating in Manchester after City won the title than paraded for the EU in London today. The totals wouldn't fill Wembley.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Can’t believe the bias coverage of this “rally”. Unbelievable. Where was he coverage of #FreeTommy rallies. And anti Muslim extremists marches. Ridiculous.

The people on these march today are clearly honkers.

We had a vote, they lost, get on with it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
A mod supporting racists ???

How am I supporting racists? Simply pointing out that coverage of this march but not others is not right.

As an aside it really is not racist to support anti Islamic extremists and anti Muslim rapists.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Can’t believe the bias coverage of this “rally”. Unbelievable. Where was he coverage of #FreeTommy rallies. And anti Muslim extremists marches. Ridiculous.

The people on these march today are clearly honkers.

We had a vote, they lost, get on with it.

What is a honker in this context?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here