Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Is it on TV anywhere in the world?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Been thinking about this, when was the last time we had a truly dead league game (i.e. no relegation worries or promotion / title hopes)?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think Huddersfield's admirable performance and result against City on Sunday has snuffed whatever tiny chance we had. They need to beat us if they want to get the most wins and most points in a season record. It's Toure's farewell game. We have nothing riding on the game. We are very poor away from home.

It' going to be an absolute spanking sin't it?

We'll have to get our final win of the season against Liverpool instead. :thumbsup:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Huddersfield's admirable performance and result against City on Sunday has snuffed whatever tiny chance we had. They need to beat us if they want to get the most wins and most points in a season record. It's Toure's farewell game. We have nothing riding on the game. We are very poor away from home.

It' going to be an absolute spanking sin't it?

We'll have to get our final win of the season against Liverpool instead. :thumbsup:

I have a tendency to agree.

Parking the bus: decline any opportunity to chase balls over the half-way line. At least for 66 minutes whatever the score.

I don't think Man City can do anything about complacency with their experienced (and hopefully tired after 50+ games) players, except by including a few international squad players.

But what is our starting XI going to be?

Instead if deep defence we could chase them around a little bit in the second half. Everton got a draw against them by playing a five man back line at the start of the season. I think Bruno has to start.

Man City ceased 3-1-4-2 and played 4-3-3 after the Everton game.

Last edited:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think we know from experience when we were the top club in the lower division(s) the idea is to park the bus and frustrate and then surprise. Izzy is the key for this with his lightning pace over a few yards. Not a bad game for Loca.. to be given a start and he may surprise...on the other hand...... there is the bench of course

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

It' going to be an absolute spanking sin't it? It's not going to be pretty!!

:tantrum:

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
F5EA7DF2-3C7A-48F4-B5F9-B9F1AB8F4E46.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yet another slap in the face for Jurgen. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here