Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AITC Christmas appeal – help charity buy participant a powerchair

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Albion in the Community (AITC) is asking Seagulls fans to help make one of its participants’ Christmas dreams come true.

AITC runs dozens of disability sport sessions throughout Sussex, helping hundreds of people take part in sport who otherwise would perhaps not have the opportunity to.

One such player is George Holloway-Bartle, a 15-year-old from West Sussex who has recently started attending AITC’s powerchair football sessions and, according to his dad, the regular sport has had a hugely positive impact on him.

Powerchairs, however, are expensive and AITC is only able to provide a small number of chairs for people to borrow when they start sessions.

For George to continue playing he now needs a sports powerchair of his own, so AITC has decided to make the teenager the subject of its annual Christmas fundraising appeal.

It is therefore asking Albion fans to donate towards the £4,225 cost of a new chair.

As his dad, Matthew Bartle, explained, it would make a huge difference to his son’s life.

He said: “George was born prematurely and everything was fine until he was four months old and he started having seizures. He went through a really tough time for a few years. He had an operation which stopped the seizures but left him with profound weakness down his right side and he needs a wheelchair to get around.

“Doing sport with AITC has energised him because he plays with people his own age. He has friends and it has put him on more of an even keel from a social perspective.

“He loves contributing to a team – it isn’t something he has ever been able to do before. He scored a goal the other week and he was so pleased he couldn’t stop talking about it.

“The other players have happily accepted George. They are a bunch of teenagers having fun for two hours a week doing normal teenage stuff.

“He’s never had an interest in sport until now. I took him to his first match at the Amex recently and he absolutely loved it.”

There are a number of rewards on offer for people who donate specific amounts, including shirts, match tickets and places on Albion in the Community soccer schools.

To donate to AITC’s fundraising campaign and help make George’s wish come true, visit: www.crowdfunder.co.uk/a-power-chair-for-george.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Money is tight this side of Xmas but if you can, this is a great cause for "one of our own" and I promise I'm not related or even know the family. Best of luck George!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Keep getting a message that says "We are experiencing technical issues, please wait a few minutes and try again."

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I don't even get any sort of technical message. It just refuses to accept any sort of attempt on my part.

Shame it appears to be somehow cocked up, as I'm sure people would back this, just like they backed that Palace supporter's little girl's efforts to walk.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
trying to donate but keep getting error message, not sure if transaction has gone through and charged my card or not.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm going to watch the powerchair team playing tomorrow, they have a friendly match in the morning and a cup game I believe in the afternoon. Starts at 10am at the Surrey Sports Park at the Uni of Surrey in Guildford.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I'm going to watch the powerchair team playing tomorrow, they have a friendly match in the morning and a cup game I believe in the afternoon. Starts at 10am at the Surrey Sports Park at the Uni of Surrey in Guildford.
We have 2 teams playing in the south east regional powerchair league.

B&H Seagulls play in 2nd Divison
BHA PFC play in 1st Divison

B&H Seagulls play at 09:30 against Invicta & 14:10 against Reading
BHA PFC play at 10:40 a friendly against Sevenoaks, and then 15:20 against Greenwich

If interested BHA PFC currently sit 5th in the Premiership with 1st Northern Thunder, 2nd Aspire, 3rd West Brom, 4th Nottingham, 5th BHA, 6th Everton, 7 Aston Villa, 8th Bolton

Need 3rd to get into Europe!!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Got to be worth a bounce, [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] [MENTION=28899]Biscuit Barrel[/MENTION] [MENTION=21435]WildWood[/MENTION] [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22339]A mex eyecan[/MENTION] I have just managed to donate so the site is working again,

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Got to be worth a bounce, [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] [MENTION=28899]Biscuit Barrel[/MENTION] [MENTION=21435]WildWood[/MENTION] [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22339]A mex eyecan[/MENTION] I have just managed to donate so the site is working again,

Thanks mate, working fine now as you say :thumbsup:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
:bounce:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Believe George has got his target level funding so it's game on literally?! Well done George, delighted for you and your family if so...Seaaaaagulllllss!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
George_PowerChair_Presentation_SB.049.JPG

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here