Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Biggest FLOP of the season?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I was asked this today for a place I write a few words for now and again.

I had to go for Knockaert, but I was at pains to highlight that he'd not been a flop in the absolute sense, but had probably failed to live up to our and, probably, his own hopes for the season.

The only other possibility I could think of was Jurgen Locadia, but he arrived injured and has barely had a chance. I think we all thought we'd see more of him though.

Have I forgotten someone?

Zaha’s voluntary simulation plunges have seen him issued a heap of minor felony cards this year.

He flops more than any other cat on the court!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No flops for me only heros.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I was asked this today for a place I write a few words for now and again.

I had to go for Knockaert, but I was at pains to highlight that he'd not been a flop in the absolute sense, but had probably failed to live up to our and, probably, his own hopes for the season.

The only other possibility I could think of was Jurgen Locadia, but he arrived injured and has barely had a chance. I think we all thought we'd see more of him though.

Have I forgotten someone?

Knockaert ? Thought you’d know better than go for him. Isn’t it fairly obvious he’s been told to adapt the way he plays for the good of the team? This has been at the expense of his instinct to attack. His work rate this season has been phenomenal, keeping us in games.

I doubt Izzy brown even figured in your thoughts. The true mark of a flop.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
"Flop" implies a big money signing that didn't cut the mustard. Thus far, only Locadia fits that bill but it's far too soon to suggest he will end up back in Holland playing with Elvis and Roland Bergkamp. Possibly izzy Brown as he was from the Chelsea yoof machine but that's the risk you take. They can't all be Lukakus.

I'd agree, though, that Knockeart is one of the players who has had an under par season. Izqeirdo is now 1st wide choice I'd imagine. Murphy and Hemed didn't look PL players when I saw them albeit Hemed looking painfully slow against Man City doesn't look half as bad now as it did then. Overall, it's really difficult to find bad players this year. The team has been superb.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Might as well have said Bloom and Hughton.

Or alternatively written a long pointless piece about Israel and Palestine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps they should have asked a Spurs fan, he seems able to see fault in everyone.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Biggest flop has to be the PaLLLLLLLLace jibes.

Oh you mean players.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure if flop is the right word, but I thought Rosenior and Baldock would have played bigger parts this year.
hahahahahahaha you :jester:

At least pick a player still at the club.

....sorry, what...

...he is.....

...blimey...

Sorry Las.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I get asked to write a few words now and then, and do guest podcast slots.

If anyone had asked me that, I'd tell them to sod off. Not besmirching any players at this club for no good reason - and certainly not for the entertainment of other clubs' fans.

Even for a hefty fee? Crikey I'd besmirch my mum for a wad of readies.

Knocky is an utterly ridiculous call. He’s a class act and has once again looked one of our top 3 players since return from suspension.

Brown is clear winner surely, Championship not Chelsea

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
flipflops_pennboricua_smaller.jpg

Actually Locadia and probably Brown are both saved by being arguably 10s and hence unlucky to be behind player of the season, neither are wingers and harsh to judge them so.

So it’s from Ulloa who looks a shadow of the player here in 2014, Hemed who has gone from 7m player in recent transfer window to outcast from the 18. Skalak can’t win it two seasons in a row

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Think this question sums up our squad. No flops and apart from Dunk who I would give a 9 no one outstanding. Very much a team effort with everyone a 6/7

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Nobody has flopped this season. Good contributions from all our players this season proud to support them all.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here