Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Thread closed ???

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Bozza gave you good reasons as to why that thread was closed and as far as I am concerned it won't re open via this thread, if [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] wants to reopen the original thread, that is his issue.

What he said was: "Some pretty poor behaviour in here, so I'm closing the thread until I can figure out a way to unpick it as there is no magic "unmerge" button."

So basically, he closed it because of all the squabbling etc that was occurring, which resulted from two unrelated threads being merged.

It has already reopened via this thread, since this thread is a continuation of the discussion at the back end of the last thread.

The 'thread closed' was for the most part a thread dedicated to the Windrush situation. The thread wasn't closed because of any of the Windrush discussions.

:shrug:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
What he said was: "Some pretty poor behaviour in here, so I'm closing the thread until I can figure out a way to unpick it as there is no magic "unmerge" button."

So basically, he closed it because of all the squabbling etc that was occurring, which resulted from two unrelated threads being merged.

It has already reopened via this thread, since this thread is a continuation of the discussion at the back end of the last thread.

The 'thread closed' was for the most part a thread dedicated to the Windrush situation. The thread wasn't closed because of any of the Windrush discussions.

:shrug:

Is the shrug emoji your fave one?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
So apparently we are now not allowed to discuss the Windrush situation after the Windrush thread was closed for nothing to do with the Windrush discussions.

giphy.gif

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Always remember, Mrs Thatcher, standard bearer of the " We Do Not Negotiate With Terrorists " group was negotiating via back channels with the IRA.

Apart from that one day each year that Denis was given open access to it.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Meanwhile in the real world, away from your Labour blinkers:

There are extremists in both the Tory and Labour parties, with some pretty nasty policians and supporters.

You're as narrow minded as the OP, without having a clue.

Do you weigh issues up, gain all views and have voted for variety of parties over the years?

Labour blinkers? ??? Because I challenge the nonsensical ‘Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser’ narrative and point out the hypocrisy of the media, I have Labour ‘blinkers’? ...k, better reconsider voting Green then...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Apart from that one day each year that Denis was given open access to it.

Oh behave ! I really don't want to think about that !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well that ended badly didn’t it and I was going to post this about everybody’s favourite politician and his views on the British Forces
So here it is and let the fun begin !!!
a2b6fdba212887797ac0cc87f5cfe9a3.jpg

A photograph Corbyn would rather the public forgot. Jeremy Corbyn in a "smash H block " stunt in support of his Sinn Fein Provo buddies. This was in the early 80s when there was no peace process to support.

Here's a list of the IRA's activities at the time.

[emoji830] 1981, 10 October: The IRA detonated a bomb outside the Chelsea Barracks, killing two and injuring 39.
[emoji830] 1981, 26 October: The IRA bombed a Wimpy Bar on Oxford Street, killing Kenneth Howorth, the Metropolitan Police explosives officer attempting to defuse it.
[emoji830] 1982, 20 July: The Hyde Park and Regent's Park bombings in London by the IRA killed eleven members of the Household Cavalry and the Royal Green Jackets.
[emoji830] 1982, 6 December: The Ballykelly pub bombing in Northern Ireland. Seventeen people were killed including many soldiers. The Irish National Liberation Army claimed responsibility.
[emoji830] 1983, 17 December: Harrods was bombed by the IRA. Six were killed (including three police officers) and 90 wounded during Christmas shopping at the West London department store. (See Harrods bombing)
[emoji830] 1984, 12 October: Brighton hotel bombing, 5 killed and several injured in an attempt by the IRA to kill Margaret Thatcher.

Dragging up something from 35 years ago is a bit unfair. I am not a big fan of Corbyn but we all got things from the past I would think

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
My educated guess is, you are married with 2 kids, you don't go out much, probably aged around 55 to 60 and you enjoy cricket?

You made a mistake in deleting my post having evidently misunderstood the situation, you don't want to backtrack, and now you are now you are 'trying' to insult to deflect from your illogicalities.

:clap2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here