Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jay Rodriquez - would you boo him?

Would you boo Jay Rodriquez?

• Boo

Votes: 78 31.8%
  • Not boo

Votes: 167 68.2%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can you start a "Would you support the club signing Jay Rodriguez?" poll in a few hours please? Should keep things ticking along nicely when other threads start getting quiet.

I thought that was probably one for early summer when you need visitor numbers increased. I'm also saving up, "would you recruit a woman into a business" poll for the same reason if that's okay.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I knew a lady who could do exceptiopnal things with a prostate too, although that was in Amsterdam and cost me €50.

I'm not entirely sure we are not talking about the same person. Was she also dressed like Margaret Thatcher?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Given the context of the complicated situation, and that he was not found guilty of anything, no.
He wasn't found not guilty. Comparing it to a criminal case it was more like a split decision (unproven).

He then went on to pretend he was proven to be innocent, which he wasn't. Bong is sure Jay is guilty. That's good enough for me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because then it makes us no better than the classless and "shameful"( - Chris Hughton) Burnley fans?
That would depend on what the player has done. Bong has stood up against racism. Worthy of criticism in the minds of Burnley fans. Rodriguez has racially abused someone (according to Bong), and then claimed he's been found innocent when he hasn't.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Not boo. Whilst he was at the very least a moron for what he initially did, our beef is more with Burnley fans than him now imo.

it was not proven , you havent got a clue what he said.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No what’s the point. Just makes you look like a *nobhead....*see Burnley supporters for further details

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I would have booed him, yes - but after what happened at Burnley there's definitely a moral high ground to take here.

Of course there's every chance the next time he plays at the Amex will be for Burnley, in which case booing every single one of their players is the only response
Boo the entire time they have the ball [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
it was not proven , you havent got a clue what he said.

My comment of "he was at the very least a moron" is for being a grown adult and saying another grown adult smells. Even if there's no racism in it, it's an embarrassingly childish thing to do, innit?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I clicked yes but I will probably leave him be depending on my levels of bladderation.

On a side note for the game at the Amex v Burnley I am intending to have a stall near the away end, not selling half and half scarves but Confederate Flags, white hooded robes and Golliwogs.

I anticipate I will make a nice little profit.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
why is he ? it was not proven , you havent got a clue whether he said anything racist

It is very clear he said "you smell" and wafted his hand. What is less clear is whether he said anything racist. However even if it is just this he belongs in the playground and for that at least I'm booing him.

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
He wasn't found not guilty. Comparing it to a criminal case it was more like a split decision (unproven).

He then went on to pretend he was proven to be innocent, which he wasn't. Bong is sure Jay is guilty. That's good enough for me.

I didn't say he was found 'not guilty', I said he wasn't found guilty of anything, since the case was not proved. They are two different statements.

It can't be compared to a criminal case as the only judgements available were 'proven' or 'not proven', based on probability rather than reasonable doubt.

I'm surprised Bong being sure JR is guilty is good enough for you to accept JR is guilty, as you're usually more reasonable than that. As much as JR has come across as a bellend, it would be unfair to class him as guilty of racist abuse when there was not enough evidence to prove that this was probably the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here