• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Wheres your vote going?

• Total voters

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
John Cleese please !

The Christ figure is not meant to *be* Cleese, he's just an ordinary man who happens to have been in Weston-super-Mare at the same *time* as Mr. Cleese.
And...and... he is *mistaken* for the comic messiah by vast crowds of people...ah...doing silly walks, and chanting "No, no, not the comfy chair", and other slogans from the good Bok.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Mmmmm.... by you perhaps. But just because things may be inedible doesn't mean that they won't get eaten.....Corbyn seems to be quite popular, and in these days of desperation (and desperately poor tories) a leap into the unknown seems to be appealing to more and more people (especially the young).

He was never my choice (for labour leader) but, unlike you it seems, I'd like to see a moderate Blairite labour party that appals to the political centre in preference to prioritization for tax cuts for the rich and subsidised private education and health. But I also hate all this 1980s style 'no compromise with the electorate' bollocks from Momentum.

However, if you think a buoyant Corbyn is a gift to the tories, think again. :shrug:

Bit deep for me Doc but seems more and more that Tory voters have to keep quiet for fear of being shouted down.

D

Deleted member 2719

Who would have thought Julien Clarey would be giving Jesus Christ a proper thrashing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bit deep for me Doc but seems more and more that Tory voters have to keep quiet for fear of being shouted down.

No worries, Mac. I'm sure you know I'm not trying to shout you down. My small point was that if you'd prefer to not have a labour government you'd be better off if there was open revolt in the labour party. The way it looks at the moment(um) (see what I did there?), Corbyn has his party not only in a vice like grip, but those with the will to open their mouths (the rank and file, and quite a lot of the MPs) are all squealing with unparalleled joy, the likes of which is seen almost nowhere outside of North Korea. Dissent has evaporated. Labour was famed for its 'split' personality, backstabbing and treachery when I was a lad. Astonishingly Corbyn seems to have avoided any punches landing, and there is now no cohrent voice against him (Umunna's cerebral efforts in relation to Brexit, notwithstanding). If I were a tory voter I'd be doubly concerned right now - will it be May or a challenger (i.e. after a disruptive challenge) who faces a sphynx-like Corbyn in the election? So, no slap down but your apparent jubilation at the continued existance of Corbyn as labour leader may be misplaced, and in terms of the future, inversely proportional in predictiveness to the intensity with which you deplore him. In other words, Corbyn is still on the up. I find this almost as baffling as you, I suspect. Take it easy :thumbsup:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The demographic on the votes that gave Corbyn a 65 seat defecit demonstrates that, that was probably the best he will ever get. Many Liberals voting for him because they thought he was a 'remainer', students thinking he was going to wipe their debt and pay back the fees some had already paid and the young trendies swept along with his populism. He wasn't seriously questioned at the general election and now the journo's are ding their job by searching for real answers from him and his cohorts. They're full of slogans and confident sounding rapport, but they have no real answers to the questions. They really are unelectable, using their maxim we are Champions League team in waiting!

I don't see any Tories running scared of him.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The demographic on the votes that gave Corbyn a 65 seat defecit demonstrates that, that was probably the best he will ever get. Many Liberals voting for him because they thought he was a 'remainer', students thinking he was going to wipe their debt and pay back the fees some had already paid and the young trendies swept along with his populism. He wasn't seriously questioned at the general election and now the journo's are ding their job by searching for real answers from him and his cohorts. They're full of slogans and confident sounding rapport, but they have no real answers to the questions. They really are unelectable, using their maxim we are Champions League team in waiting!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Yeah in the meantime we're getting ****** in the arse by the Tories but that's ok

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Add Jimmy Case to the list.....and it would be good to see a labour government occasionally, to remind us how not to run the economy.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
...:rant:

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Tories are bad but yesterday's conference showed Labour up as a complete joke unfit to govern. If we get Brexit and Corbyn, I think I'm off...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yep, but still a loser, and that's after the lies about 'sorting out student loans' and the disastrous campaign by TM. Even taking that into account, he still lost. Jeez, what a f*cking muppet he is :lol:

And it was precisely that attitude that allowed him to become Labour leader and then to wipe out the Tories' majority. I think the time to underestimate Corbyn has passed. It's not Corbyn who is the muppet ...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
How revealing, what a load of rubbish, never heard of the website and what tosh its peddling, its out of date and quite frankly irrelevant,surely you could have done better than this as a response.

This is rather reminiscent of Paul Merson dismissing our new signings by saying "I've never heard of them." There are plenty of things I've never heard of but that doesn't mean they should automatically be discounted.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here