Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Scoring 4 or More Away

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Sheff Utd 5 - 4 Albion in '89. Still the craziest game I've ever seen. They were coasting 3-1 when we came back to lead 4-3 then towards the end they got the equaliser and the winner. Bob Booker got one of theirs. Entertaining to say the least.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I believe it was a certain Gordon Smith...?? Don't know how much they paid for him mind....

Correct, the leading goalscorer was Gordon Smith, whom we sold for £40,000.

Their player of the 80's, and twice winner of player of the season, was Neil McNab, signed from Brighton and Hove Albion, for £35,000.

On the subject of Alex Dawson, think we won 5-1 or 5-2 and also remember John Vinnicombe saying that he should have scored five but after rounding the keeper, he rolled the ball towards the empty net, only for it to stick in the mud and be cleared.

This is true, I was there. Now that was a long weekend

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
6-2 at Aldershot, FA Cup around 2000. Charlie Oatway scored a curler of sorts.

PG

Remember this game with affection. Absolute monsoon weather and few of us could not get tickets for the away end so ended up in the home end. A quick rendition of Albion songs convinced the police to move us to the away side. Had to dodge a few punches on the way though. Some home fan tried to have my hat off me, soon got that back.......no one nicks my 'at guvner.:wrong:

Even a clip of Lawro praising us at the end in the studio!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We won 4-3 at Ashton Gate in 1932.

Even [MENTION=3975]Ben's Grandad [MENTION=3975] will struggle to recall that one.

PG

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
stuffed Charlton 4-0

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The match which finally made Leicester realise what a good goal scorer Leo Ulloa was.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Good call. We never quite got full credit for such a dominant Albion performance - too many pundits and neutrals were quick to blame the hangover from Leicester's promotion celebrations. We had the hoodoo over them that season both home and away. It's quite nice to see their current form in the PL at a rocking KP stadium - and then to recall just how we burst their bubble that night. Marvellous scenes.

Like the OP I can recall our previous 4 nil away win in Bristol at Eastville in '78. A rearranged evening game played in a gloomy, drizzly mist at Rovers sad old stadium, with the backdrop of the gas works. A grim setting lit up by goals from Peter Ward and a Poskett hat-trick in another dominant performance. The Seagull Special charter train was rocking on the way home. Good memories.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

el punal

Didn't go to Shrewsbury that season and heard that it was 0-0 at HT. Watched BBC at final whistle, as the old teleprinter clattered into action. My heart sank as ' Shrewsbury 3 ' appeared, only to leap again as ' Brighton 5 ' then came up. From despair to joy in about 2 seconds.
In these days of instant scores and results, people forget the trauma of watching that old printer clatter away, never knowing what to expect.

Ah! The old teleprinter, it would sometimes pause in the middle of giving a result, maybe a case of mechanical flatulence, then complete the score like a gigantic fart.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Most recent one I witnessed was 4 at Peterborough, we were ****ing brilliant, as the song went.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here