Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2017/18 new kit thread

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
One thing the Premier League has allowed from next season is sleeve sponsors. Can almost guarantee most clubs will have them.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
No!!!! I hated the shirt we had the last time we played in the top division. Lets stick to our blue and white stripes that stand us out from the rest!

Agreed. We went from climbing through the divisions wearing our classic stripes to playing in The 1st Division wearing solid blue with pin stripes & I didn't like it at all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
100% wrong.
No rule like that whatsoever.

Doh! Stupid Flanders.

Sorry, I got duped by the internet again. Took my duff info from the following statement found at footyheadlines.com

"As the Premier League are looking to introduce a rule to enforce squad number visibility to complement UEFA’s rules for clubs playing in European competition, we have incorporated a white panel on the reverse of the shirt." - Stoke City statement

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
So just to clarify and sorry if this makes me sound a bit thick but are we due a new shirt design for the 17/18 campaign or will it just be this seasons shirt with Premier League badges on it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One thing the Premier League has allowed from next season is sleeve sponsors. Can almost guarantee most clubs will have them.
I hope Barber can strike a deal with:-

Tank Top Shop.
For all your tank top needs.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Doh! Stupid Flanders.

Sorry, I got duped by the internet again. Took my duff info from the following statement found at footyheadlines.com

"As the Premier League are looking to introduce a rule to enforce squad number visibility to complement UEFA’s rules for clubs playing in European competition, we have incorporated a white panel on the reverse of the shirt." - Stoke City statement

Probably more like stoke trying to palm off using an off the peg design shirt rather than a custom made one. UEFA have had a rule like this, it's not been consistent, and it's never been implemented in the U.K.. Southampton did once produce both a striped back and plain white back kit one year when they had European games. Other teams just put a solid patch on their shirts when the need has raised. The manufacturers like Nike hedge their bets when they design their tramwear kits ( like ours) and use solid backs so as whatever teams use them comply with whatever local rules apply in whatever country they play.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
From what I can see Nike are the least imaginative, creative or exciting of the major kit suppliers. Puma, Adidas, Kappa, Bukta and even little ol Errea all produce more individualised products tailored to the specification of the the clubs concerned as opposed to the uni-kit approach of Nike. Im not holding my breath that any of our kit next year will be something to covet.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I am not sure how the kit deal is set up. Have we any chance of getting a kit that is not some hideous template next season?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Big fan of the new Russia home kit:

russia_2017_confederations_cup_adidas_home_kit.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here