Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Preston Park Park Run for me today first 5k since January. Fairly pleased with 19:21 and would suggest sub 40 mins for the BM 10k is just about in my grasp although it's going to hurt like hell!

Also first sub 6 minute mile since March 5th 2016, albeit assisted by the downhill section.

Saw [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] run a pb at Hove Park today 19:01 I think a superb effort. The swimming and running mileage is really paying dividends there.

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Hello, not much of a runner, but have entered tough mudder so I've been running 10k distances to find my legs. Is there a strava group of NSC runners? Would be nice to see how far off a decent pace I am!

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Preston Park Park Run for me today first 5k since January. Fairly pleased with 19:21 and would suggest sub 40 mins for the BM 10k is just about in my grasp although it's going to hurt like hell!

Also first sub 6 minute mile since March 5th 2016, albeit assisted by the downhill section.

Saw [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] run a pb at Hove Park today 19:01 I think a superb effort. The swimming and running mileage is really paying dividends there.

Bloody hell, congrats. Fantastic running

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Last double figure run today before BM next Sunday
Done 12.5m just to make sure my calf is up to it and came through without a twinge
Happy old man here [emoji106][emoji106][emoji125][emoji125]

What did you do to get your calf better? Mine has been tight for the last 2 weeks and was too scared to go running this weekend, in case it got worse. I am doing the Brighton Marathon on Sunday but need the calf to improve. What would you recommend?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
What did you do to get your calf better? Mine has been tight for the last 2 weeks and was too scared to go running this weekend, in case it got worse. I am doing the Brighton Marathon on Sunday but need the calf to improve. What would you recommend?

Ibuprofen gel everyday ( only 4 times in 24 hrs)
Sports massage on it on Tuesday ( full on pain for 30 mins [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30])
Hot and cold pads on next day then ran a 6 miler and used KT Tape (which I was shown after my massage where to apply )on the Thursday with no pain then carry on with gel and hot and cold pads and then ran Saturday pain free
I can still feel it but getting better everyday and I'm still using gel now everyday up until Sunday and using the KT Tape as well on the day

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Ibuprofen gel everyday ( only 4 times in 24 hrs)
Sports massage on it on Tuesday ( full on pain for 30 mins [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30])
Hot and cold pads on next day then ran a 6 miler and used KT Tape (which I was shown after my massage where to apply )on the Thursday with no pain then carry on with gel and hot and cold pads and then ran Saturday pain free
I can still feel it but getting better everyday and I'm still using gel now everyday up until Sunday and using the KT Tape as well on the day

Brilliant, thank you. I am seeing physio on Wednesday night, hopefully he can do his magic for me. Will ask him about the KT tape. Good luck for Sunday.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Brilliant, thank you. I am seeing physio on Wednesday night, hopefully he can do his magic for me. Will ask him about the KT tape. Good luck for Sunday.

Cheers and the same to you.
I was a bit quizzical about the tape but the pyhsio had no qualms about it at all and got her book out to show me where to apply it

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
For the Brighton half all they needed was a bike with a mileometer on the wheel (old school accuracy, radius of wheel times number of turns). Mine has never under or over recorded a road race.

Had this exact conversation with someone at Hove Park on Saturday after parkrun.

Christ, just baselined myself with a 5k round the seafront. 27.27. :eek:

Late April last year I was 22.03 round the Hove Park hills.

Don't stress too much about it GB. That time will come down quicker than you think.

A really lazy birthday weekend of running for me. Only parkrun and not even out this morning to kick off the week. On the plus side, Mrs Bobkin got me an appointment with Jesus on Friday (a bit sooner than the one I'd made!).

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Final double figure run from me on Sunday until the big day, excited now and if Brighton can get another win (or two) before the day that would top it off!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Roll on Sunday. A short 5.5m for me on Sunday, felt like I was cheating turning round when some fellow runnings (doing London) plough on into the distance! A short run with the local running club for me then its eat as much as I can time! Just the stress of Birmingham and home and QPR away on Friday to add to the build up for Sunday. I am planning to get to the expo for 9.30am Saturday, hopefully meeting some other runners at 11am for a coffee if anyone interested in joining us.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Roll on Sunday. A short 5.5m for me on Sunday, felt like I was cheating turning round when some fellow runnings (doing London) plough on into the distance! A short run with the local running club for me then its eat as much as I can time! Just the stress of Birmingham and home and QPR away on Friday to add to the build up for Sunday. I am planning to get to the expo for 9.30am Saturday, hopefully meeting some other runners at 11am for a coffee if anyone interested in joining us.

Me and my lad will hopefully be there about that time [emoji106]

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Ran the Rome marathon yesterday. The course ran through the heart of the city statting and finishing at the coliseum. I'd read some quite negative stuff about the event but I found the whole thing really well organised, very friendly and obviously stunning scenery. Proper aid stations too about 30 metres long with a huge variety of drinks and food on offer every 5k. Support was a bit random but it started raining 3 miles in and developed into a full scale thunderstorm at mile 10, proper cats and dogs stuff which kept the crowds down. My saturated feet caused some brutal blistering which I had to deal with after and things aren't pretty down there today. Finished in 3:27:14 official time. The target was sub 3:30 so very happy and a new pb. Really looking forward to BM on Sunday where I intend to take it easy and enjoy the day.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Ran the Rome marathon yesterday. The course ran through the heart of the city statting and finishing at the coliseum. I'd read some quite negative stuff about the event but I found the whole thing really well organised, very friendly and obviously stunning scenery. Proper aid stations too about 30 metres long with a huge variety of drinks and food on offer every 5k. Support was a bit random but it started raining 3 miles in and developed into a full scale thunderstorm at mile 10, proper cats and dogs stuff which kept the crowds down. My saturated feet caused some brutal blistering which I had to deal with after and things aren't pretty down there today. Finished in 3:27:14 official time. The target was sub 3:30 so very happy and a new pb. Really looking forward to BM on Sunday where I intend to take it easy and enjoy the day.

Brilliant time, congratulations. Smashed last years time at Brighton and you did that bl##dy fast enough. Well worth the blisters. Like the sound of the Italian refreshments 30 metres long with a variety of food and drink! They do love their food....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Superb running!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Wow that's brilliant, top effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here