Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

60 Points!

adub68

Jul 25, 2013
Agree but as CH said last night in his post match interview from here on in its virtually 3 games a week with little time to adjust between games - we go loss, draw, draw and Reading go win,win,win that's 7 of the 11 gone in one week where you lose one game only and then the pressure is back on.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Agree but as CH said last night in his post match interview from here on in its virtually 3 games a week with little time to adjust between games - we go loss, draw, draw and Reading go win,win,win that's 7 of the 11 gone in one week where you lose one game only and then the pressure is back on.

Exactly, carry on as nothing's changed, one game at a time, never take anything for granted.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
We are 3 points clear of Hughton's Newcastle at this stage in 2009/10.
They had 57 points after 27 - They won the league with 102 points. 23 points clear of 3rd.

4 points actually - they were on 56 points after 27.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Erm not really. 3 games in a week in April maybe. But in march we only play 4 games in total.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I looked on the Express website yesterday (yes I know ! In my defence it was in response to their clickbait headline of "Newcastle to spend £35M in transfer window" and I wanted to see who they were supposed to be buying - although I didn't find out)
Anyway they had run all the Championship games to come through the Daily Express "supercomputer" which is probably an old Amstrad and had come up with Newcastle winning with 109 points us with 104 and the next best team on 79. Now I'd take a 25 point gap but I have my doubts that this will happen.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Leeds have just lost a game and they also lost to us, but they still got 22 points from the last 10. Huddersfield got 20 and Reading got 18 (with 6 of their 10 games being tough ones). I wouldn't put money on non of them getting 36 from 19.

Agree but that would make 85 max for any of chasing pack, which means 7 wins and 4 draws would suffice for Albion unless relative GD goes seriously backwards.

Amongst the top 6 there has only been 2 games between them in 2nd round matches so far (SW v Huddersfield and us v SW); to overtake us or Toon one of the chasing pack needs to win at least 4 (SW 5) more matches (ignore draws, they are unlikely to make a difference) than either of the top two out of 19. Given that five matches (SW 3, udders 4) are against other top teams, not to mention the 4/5 teams below PO spots, it is a big ask.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
4 home wins and 2 away draws in February will just about wrap up Promotion
Although that could potentially only give us 1 point more than Rotherham.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
4 home wins and 2 away draws in February will just about wrap up Promotion
Looks like it.

74 points with 13 games left.

Relegation form from there on should take us over the line.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hope Hughton and the lads are just taking one game at a time and trying to win every single one. It's not done and dusted yet but I'm confident all the while the team aren't taking their eyes off the ball.

Meanwhile, it's interesting to see the views of other club's fans. Reading's fans for example:

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=133162&p=4429591

They really really don't want their 106 point record broken, especially by us. It's a tall order and absolutely miles off, but if there is one way of topping off a season where Albion go up and Palace go down, it's probably one where we thieve that record off those tin pot Berkshire gimps. :thumbsup:

Long way to go though, not counting any chickens yet. Just saying...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agree but that would make 85 max for any of chasing pack
But who's to say one can't get more than 36? They might not, and 85/86 might be enough for second, or one of them might do well and we'll need more.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I hope Hughton and the lads are just taking one game at a time and trying to win every single one. It's not done and dusted yet but I'm confident all the while the team aren't taking their eyes off the ball.

Meanwhile, it's interesting to see the views of other club's fans. Reading's fans for example:

They really really don't want their 106 point record broken, especially by us. It's a tall order and absolutely miles off, but if there is one way of topping off a season where Albion go up and Palace go down, it's probably one where we thieve that record off those tin pot Berkshire gimps. :thumbsup:

Those two home games against Reading and Newcastle at the end of February are Massive and I have a horrible little nagging thought that Reading could get revenge for the dancing on the pitch for a few minutes to find out Ulloa had scored. I would gladly take a win against Reading and get beaten by Newcastle if it meant we both had a nice cushion.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I have seen nothing from the manager that suggests that he is doing nothing more than looking at the next game and focusing on promotion. I believe his experience in achieving promotion before with Newcastle will prove invaluable in how he can keep the team grounded, with their eyes firmly on the ball.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have seen nothing from the manager that suggests that he is doing nothing more than looking at the next game and focusing on promotion. I believe his experience in achieving promotion before with Newcastle will prove invaluable in how he can keep the team grounded, with their eyes firmly on the ball.

Of that there is no doubt, however what we can't control is suspensions, and injuries...

Fingers crossed

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have seen nothing from the manager that suggests that he is doing nothing more than looking at the next game and focusing on promotion.
???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here