Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A view from the away end

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
One notable difference today was drama, Richarlison, Bernard and the **** on the left March was tussling with, all 3 arguably highly talented footballers, but they lowered themselves to stroppy amateur dramatics like Knockaert on a bad day. That's enough to weaken a team to a defeat. We were drama queen free and got the job done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, to be dreadful you need to actually do something. I didn't even know Walcott was on the pitch until the start of the second half.

He tried to do plenty.
He just wasn't allowed to do anything.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Despondent.

2286B3C5-1CE8-4DB7-8877-2F6724ADB6CB.png

CEB94C89-3181-4097-B6E0-8D84F008809B.png

673910DF-FA84-4039-B5A5-7E6D714D48E1.png

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Tee hee

Just back from the game. Here's my conclusions:

- Brighton have some serious wool supporting them. I'm talking Deliverance, 6 fingers and toes stuff. I didn't expect that.
- Brighton are a turbo gash outfit. Letting them have 3 points off us is a clear indicator that there is a serious amount of work to do with this squad.
- Walcott and Mina slept through the match IMO. Can't believe Walcott got the full 90. Offered no support to Coleman with or without the ball
- Gomes looks jaded. A decent CM coming in January would be really useful. Hopefully we can offload Schneiderlin and get one in.
- Bernard was our only attacker who was at the races today. The rest of them were badly out of sorts.
- Coleman did well considering he had Walcott ahead of him and Mina inside him having an absolute stinker
- I don't understand why we didn't show any urgency. Brighton are useless. When we started showing urgency in the last 10 mins it was clear how easy it is to create chances against them
- The 3-4-3 left us light in CM. If we play that formation I think we need someone like Siggy in the front 3 who can drop in and support the midfield
- I'd like to see Walcott out the side for a run of games till he gets some form back. Stick DCL in and put Richarlison wide right
- Not the first time we've come out asleep after half time and handed the momentum to the opposition. Reminded me of the Watford game a bit.
- That's it.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Tee hee

- Brighton have some serious wool supporting them. I'm talking Deliverance, 6 fingers and toes stuff. I didn't expect that.
- Brighton are a turbo gash outfit. Letting them have 3 points off us is a clear indicator that there is a serious amount of work to do with this squad.
- Walcott and Mina slept through the match IMO. Can't believe Walcott got the full 90. Offered no support to Coleman with or without the ball
- Gomes looks jaded. A decent CM coming in January would be really useful. Hopefully we can offload Schneiderlin and get one in.
- Bernard was our only attacker who was at the races today. The rest of them were badly out of sorts.
- Coleman did well considering he had Walcott ahead of him and Mina inside him having an absolute stinker
- I don't understand why we didn't show any urgency. Brighton are useless. When we started showing urgency in the last 10 mins it was clear how easy it is to create chances against them
- The 3-4-3 left us light in CM. If we play that formation I think we need someone like Siggy in the front 3 who can drop in and support the midfield
- I'd like to see Walcott out the side for a run of games till he gets some form back. Stick DCL in and put Richarlison wide right
- Not the first time we've come out asleep after half time and handed the momentum to the opposition. Reminded me of the Watford game a bit.
- That's it.

Well those are the sorts of thoughts you get after a 450 mile trip home I suppose.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Tee hee

- That's it.

Ahhh bless. We are so sh1t that despite them spending £500 million more than us over the last two seasons, that after 20 games they only have an extra two points. Duck them and their entitled team of crying primadonna players.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Tee hee

- That's it.

What does 'serious wool' mean? Is it some social media speak I'm not aware of?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Interesting map. I would have thought Aberdeen was a fair bit more than 450 miles from Brighton.
You can see why the World War II bomber crews dreaded the run to Berlin.
According to AA route planner it's just shy of 600 miles to Aberdeen

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
What does 'serious wool' mean? Is it some social media speak I'm not aware of?

As a Cheshire expatriate:

Scousers hilariously describe those from without their lovely City Walls (such as myself at the time) as Woolybacks in the Cardiff City sense of the word.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Maybe as in 'Woolyback' i.e. a person not from Liverpool? Although that's usually reserved for places like the Wirral or St Helens.

As a Cheshire expatriate:

Scousers hilariously describe those from without their lovely City Walls (such as myself at the time) as Woolybacks in the Cardiff City sense of the word.

Thanks - never heard of this before. Cheers.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You would think a season and a half of decent home form would earn us some respect. Teams outside the Top 6 don't come to the Amex and win, indeed Everton were lucky to scrape a draw last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here