Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan. Discuss.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Was there a slight deflection on the Mahrez shot yesterday? Thought it looked like that caused him to spill it to me, although perhaps I am desperate to give him the benefit of the doubt...

Really important game for Maty. Okay he wasn't flying around tipping shots over the bar, but he was busy, commanded his area, dealt with and held a number of dangerous crosses, was quick off his line to deal with potential through balls and his distribution was pretty good. Stand him in good stead going into the next games.

Thought he was great today, 2 very good saves, excellent handling, but also his communication and commanding of his area and beyond was seriously good, made some vital interceptions and was always there. Very impressed today.

I'm in the clear [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], I'm in the clear!!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Tom Cruise will never make it at the top being only 5ft 7.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just scanned the thread from the start. Not going to bounce the ‘he’s shit’ quotes, because there are too many of them. Tide starts to turn around #350, and by #500 we’ve got the best keeper ever. Lots of those who posted in the first 350 are nowhere to be seen, obviously. Presumably choked on their humble pie [emoji23][emoji23]

Absolute object lesson in giving a new signing a bit of time. Mistakes in his first three games (a friendly, the runaway champions, and the former champions) and barely a slip since.

Post #9 by Tom Hark is positive and accurate - with 15 thumbs up. There are many who don't wade in with their size tens, but give a player time to adjust.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
IMG_8913.jpg

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
According to today's Observer Matty is 4th best keeper in the prem behind Leno and Cech of Arsenal and Begovic of 'Muff.

Games 13, shots on target faced 67, saves 48, save % 71.64, clean sheets 3.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
On my Deezer flow (the best thing ever) this came up today by FBS

Made me think of Maty Ryan

EAT SLEEP SAVE REPEAT
EAT SLEEP SAVE REPEAT
EAT SLEEP SAVE REPEAT
EAT SLEEP SAVE REPEAT
EAT SLEEP SAVE REPEAT
EAT SLEEP SAVE REPEAT
EAT SLEEP SAVE REPEAT
EAT SLEEP SAVE REPEAT

Hes got a song!

EAT SLEEP SAVE REPEAT

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For those of you arguing against Portlock on the Locadia thread.
Here's what you're up against

I'll say it if all the flakes won't. £5m, arguably 3 howlers in 3 games...Someone's sold us a pup, if he doesn't concede again between now and the end of the season we might just forget about his unimpressive start. But we're still in August. And we are doomed. Flee, save yourselves. You can't do anymore good back there. It's the END. Sadly it was always going to be like this. Goodbye. Adios. Ciao. Kaput.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maty kept us in the game at a time when Arsenal were stringing twenty passes together without challenge. Game could easily have been over by galf time were it not for his tip over the bar and the one round the post. Bloke's a fantastic asset to the club :bowdown:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
For those of you arguing against Portlock on the Locadia thread.
Here's what you're up against

‘In hell SB, that practically makes you a stalker digging out posts from 2 seasons ago! And in true tabloid style, you frame me nicely. Anyway, the clues in the posts OTT narrative that anyone with any intelligence can deduce although I don’t hold much for that new flounce, what’s his name, Dolphin something or other? He seems to have a right cob on. Be gentle to him, and remember don’t differ from his opinion or you’ll be on his ever so exclusive naughty list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here